Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lc200 mini review.

With regards to the Transmission lock up kits especially on the diesels the torque is great when going up hills but when towing big Caravans up steep Mountain Ranges the transmission can get hot and will alarm when it reachs around 130 degrees c. After fitting these kits it has been found that the locking up of the torque converter helps reduce heat build up in the fluid and also helps with better fuel economy as well.

I have 200 gxl and love touring with it outback but i have to say i get just as much pleasure chugging around in my old BJ73 as i do in the 200. Both quality vehicles of there time are my thoughts.
:thumbup:
The Crawl Control Feature on the 200 is very impressive thats for sure.:clap:

I bought a 200 series 4.5 V8 and came to regret it. I spent a ransom converting it: ripped off the suspension and installed OME, front and rear bumpers replaced with ARB, added a LongRanger fuel tank, upgraded the tyres ( now that was also a story, maximum I could fit was 285x70), upgraded the brakes all around, etc etc.
The big issue I had was the disappointing performance - out dragged by moped, or so it felt. I then installed an Ozzie sourced DP chip. Boy, did that make a difference - the truck rocketed off the mark with a squeal and would still chirp the tyres as she changed from 2nd to 3rd. Unfortunately we discovered the LC200 real weak spot - it's appetite for 50 ppm diesel fuel. This is not an issue in some countries but it is very much an issue in many places. Our 200 suddenly began to drink fuel at a horrible rate and then then started to overheat. Toyota advised this was initiated by using incorrect fuel. We sold the beast and went back to a Series 100.

I bought a 200 series 4.5 V8 and came to regret it. I spent a ransom converting it: ripped off the suspension and installed OME, front and rear bumpers replaced with ARB, added a LongRanger fuel tank, upgraded the tyres ( now that was also a story, maximum I could fit was 285x70), upgraded the brakes all around, etc etc.
The big issue I had was the disappointing performance - out dragged by moped, or so it felt. I then installed an Ozzie sourced DP chip. Boy, did that make a difference - the truck rocketed off the mark with a squeal and would still chirp the tyres as she changed from 2nd to 3rd. Unfortunately we discovered the LC200 real weak spot - it's appetite for 50 ppm diesel fuel. This is not an issue in some countries but it is very much an issue in many places. Our 200 suddenly began to drink fuel at a horrible rate and then then started to overheat. Toyota advised this was initiated by using incorrect fuel. We sold the beast and went back to a Series 100.
What brake upgrade did you do? I have a 5.7 US 200, which unlike the diesel goes like shit off a shovel for something that big, overtaking cars 8 plus luggage on board going up a mountain, and is so much smoother - I didn't like the uk 4.5 new diesel and got a us import for about £40k less I can put towards fuel! But stopping is always scary, bled brakes (they needed it!) and put ebc yellowstuff pads which help but the only brake upgrades I can find are eye-wateringly expensive. Have 18 inch wheels.

Back