Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC200 Owner From Woking Surrey

Neville

Country Flag
uk
Hi Everyone

I am Neville and I own a 2010 LC 200. Owned it since 2016 and its probably the lowest mileage LC of its vintage here in the UK with just 44k Miles. I do most maintenance in my yard including brakes, all fluids and filters. I've added a few mods to the truck including a Catch can, an EVC i-drive throttle controller and most recently an OBD2 TPMS. Have bought a set of 17inch OEM LC 200 wheel rims (from ebay) which i will slap on once i complete running my existing set of Yokohamas thru.

Not many mods planned besides the 17inch wheels and A/T tyres (Coopers or BFGs). Am planning on a trip to Morocco at some point within the next 2 years.

I am originally from Bombay, India and own a 1998 100series back home. That truck has racked up 200k++ as it get used a lot more with biannual trips to the Himalaya. Here are some clips put together by my teenager kid from our excursions there. Look forward to interacting with all of you and meeting up at get togethers.

Welcome and thanks for the videos. Sounds like you and @Raj will have a lot to talk about around the next campfire.

Welcome Nev, look forward to seeing you and your truck sometime soon.
A 200 series is what I aspire to own.

17inch OEM
Welcome Nev. This is something I too looked at but I am thinking 100 times + more to add anything other than Toyota-recommended mods. My experience with LandCruisers is less but with my knowledge and DIY capabilities, I feel any mods on 200 will likely decrease its dependability. Did you say Yokohama, this is the first and only mod I did :) As soon as I got the LC, I fitted Geolanders.
@AndycruiserguyLomas you are looking at 200s, I am looking at 80s. Before buying 200, I didn't knew that 80 series is the best LandCruiser built :). Now I am looking at 200 videos, they say its 80 series......

^^^^^^^^^^^
Raj..... 80 series may well be the best Landcruiser ever imported into the UK and possibly ever made..... but the youngest is now in it's late 20's ...
A 25+ year old 80 is going to have issues and won't drive like your 200 .....

Welcome Nev. This is something I too looked at but I am thinking 100 times + more to add anything other than Toyota-recommended mods. My experience with LandCruisers is less but with my knowledge and DIY capabilities, I feel any mods on 200 will likely decrease its dependability. Did you say Yokohama, this is the first and only mod I did :) As soon as I got the LC, I fitted Geolanders.
@AndycruiserguyLomas you are looking at 200s, I am looking at 80s. Before buying 200, I didn't knew that 80 series is the best LandCruiser built :). Now I am looking at 200 videos, they say its 80 series......
thanks Raj. I had the exact same sense a while ago after watching a ton of 80 series Youtube Videos, that 80 series were the way to go. I did start looking at a few 1995+ examples too with the HDFT and the 1fzfe. Howeever on test driving a few clean examples they somehow felt a bit relaxed and tired when compared to the 200. Despite that i loved their character, handling and old school charm they offered like the low window line and classic dash layout with a multitude of buttons and ofcourse that very typical 80s car smell which is a mix of the ageingleather and the carpet. The only turnoff for me were the asking prices for the good, low mileage examples.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Raj..... 80 series may well be the best Landcruiser ever imported into the UK and possibly ever made..... but the youngest is now in it's late 20's ...
A 25+ year old 80 is going to have issues and won't drive like your 200 .....
agree Grimbo. Atleast for me issues arent the issue as I am okay with getting my hands greasy . Its the cost of the OEM replacement parts today which is the real issue :).

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back