Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC2010 tyres

The photo with the Bridgestones on isn’t showing here Nelson. I couldn’t find a pic of a UAE market LC200, but one from the Australian brochure does seem to have a different stance, but difficult to tell as the camera angle is not the same. The specs seem to differ on models for different markets, but do you have a height control switch on yours ? If so, does it change the ride height ?

You can find a manual covering the systems here:
http://www.moranbahweather.com/toyota/ncf/pdf/m_ch_0114.pdf

the location of the height control switch is illustrated on page CH-128. Hope this helps.

Edit:
Just to add, if the other 200s with the same Dunlops on that you’ve seen are running at the same height as yours, then it must be down to the tyres. But if you did want to change them, then BFG A/Ts are certainly chunkier (technical term). I’ve not used mine on sand yet, but with pressures dropped, reports on their performance seem favourable.

Flint,Finally found the answer by spending(add on) another $300 to go again with new Bridgestone Dueler H/L850....I tried both the tyres (same spec) side by side ...but Bridgestone is 1" to 1.5"(3 to 4cm) taller than Dunlop Grandtrek AT20....Unfortunately, BFG is not manufacturing this size for Land cruisers...Finally everything set right..
Thanks for spending/sharing your valuable time Flint:thumbup:

Ah good, glad you got it sorted Nelson. An interesting result, it seems that all tyres are not created equal !

Looking at the LC in your picture, no way has tyre bulge lost you 100mm or 4".

The tyre would have to be virtually flat to lose 100mm - think about it, a 285/65 has a sidewall of 185mm, if you've lost 100mm your rim would be 85mm from the road, its clearly not.

So, could it be the the AHC, almost certainly I reckon.

To check, measure from the lowest point of the wheel (wheel, not tyre), to the point on the arch above it.

This gives you the suspension height from two fixed points irrespective of tyre size.

Now compare it to a same model car running the same 17" wheels (tyres are irrelevant).

If yours is lower, your suspension has dropped and needs raising (are these airbags, if so I would suspect the regulator as faulty).
Thanks Wobbly...I checked the other LC200 17" with same Dunlop Grandtrek AT20 side by side..I don't feel any height difference.....Finaly tried to keep the tyres side by side...Bridge stone is little taller...but after fitting with the new Bridgestone tyres considerable difference....but paid additional $300 with the new Dunlop(week old) to get the new Bridgestone tires...still I am happy with that...bcos wearing for dunlop is very worst here in the hot desert climate....even most of the LC here driving without treads, you can find it in the streets....ofcourse this is good for deserts but chance are very high for puncture:doh:....Finally settle down from the sleepless nights...
My question also looks to be stupid for many people.....But still there is a minor difference with Tyre manufactures regardless to rim size caused by the side wall/Tread pattern....
Thanks for sharing your thoughts:thumbup:

Ah good, glad you got it sorted Nelson. An interesting result, it seems that all tyres are not created equal !
Yes Flint. It seems like that....not only the exterior...even the interior also like dash heights,display angles,comfort,controls etc...I could feel the differences with Bridgestone...It's all minor difference only many people said...but still i luv this tyes after breaking my head...with BFG it will be more stunning look but not avail...
Thanks Flint and Thanks to all 4x4 lovers:thumbup:

Back