Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lets Talk Babys

BlackWidow

Garage
I bet you will not be expecting this one. Well my fiancee has told me that she is pregnant and that I am going to be a Dad :D :D :D :D . Not to put to fine a point on it.......I am over the moon :D :D.

Any way after all the...I'm going to be a DAD, I'm going to be a dad....did I say that twice....I'm going to be a DAD, I started to think like a bloke and thought about my truck. It dawned on me that I now have excuse to get a whole load of goodies that I would not of thought about before. Car seats, in car baby entertainment, in car baby cleaning and so on.

So Guys as this is my first child I am some what in a head spin. What would you recommend for car seats and the do and do nots, the must haves and must nots. Is there such a thing as an 'off road' baby seat?

Steve (Dad to Be)

Congratulations Steve :D Slow down, you should have a while before you need to buy baby things!

Babies have very week necks so it's best to gaffa tape thier heads into the baby seat when off road.

Congrats mate, I know exactly how you feel as I found out last weekend that we have another one on the way too!

Congratulations Steve :D :D :D

Cant help you with the baby stuff, im not quite there yet

Congrats Steve, fantastic news
I do feel it is catching, my wife is 13 weeks pregnant with our first
J

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for that guys,

Congrats to you too Julian and Graham.

Perhaps we need to set up a new topic section :lol:

Steve

Firstly - Congrats to all of you!

Steve - the very first thing you do now is have a complete rave in France - it won't happen again for a while :lol:

Congrats.... finaly figured out how it works then :o

As for car seat's etc you have a few months. One word of warning though... babies and their "stuff" are like a bottomless pit! Spend time and do some research. It's been a while since I bought any baby stuff so I am sure it's moved on quite a bit, so I'll not even attempt to offer any advice...

Congratulations Steve

Here is our 6th, George born three weeks ago :mrgreen:

georgeja.jpg

Congrats Guys :shock:
Sounds like you should have bought 2seaters rather than LCs with a lot of space in the back :mrgreen:

Matt, looks like you need to buy a LR - you seem to have too much time on your hands :lol:

Enjoy the ride - at least having children gives you have another good reason (if one was needed) to keep your LCs - safest & most robust car to cart your brood around in!

Cheers,

Gary Stockton said:
Firstly - Congrats to all of you!

Steve - the very first thing you do now is have a complete rave in France - it won't happen again for a while :lol:

Works for me Gary, that has crossed my mind as well.....the what am I not going to be able or allowed to do.....fags, drink, late nights and lie ins :lol: :lol:

Steve

Congrats Matt, you will have to get another cruiser now the old one must be full up.

Steve

My take on babies.

Don't buy anything until you really need it, there is a large distance between what you think you need and want you really need.

and

Those light weight £20 umbrella buggies are king. :mrgreen:

Overall your children will be fantastic and will make you laugh and make you proud more than anything else IMO.

Enjoy the times ahead Steve :)

Congratulations!!

Graham Stirling said:
Babies have very week necks so it's best to gaffa tape thier heads into the baby seat when off road.
Is there a "Like" button here somewhere?

My younger brother hasn't taken his son of 15months off roading yet, too worried about whiplash etc..

Congrats Steve!!!!
Our first has just "turned" 7 months. No offroading as yet. I like the gaffa tape idea. Should work a treat :lol:

Congratulations to you all, You must all be mad :lol:

My fifth is now 16 so life has got so much easier :!:

Can't help with the baby seats etc as there was no such thing when we started but I will say research properly. I have attended many RTCs and know what a massive safety feature a good car seat FITTED PROPERLY can be

Congrats steve,

Bets its a scary time, but will be the best :cool:

Did someone say six in this thread!!!!   :shock:   I thought we were mad having four...   :roll:  :roll:  :cool:

Congaratulations - enjoy the ride, its quite a rush :)

Back