Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lights

Philip amos

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Just fitted new lights to modernise

F4B0219A-1817-40D8-967B-8495DEDA301D.jpeg

I have a set of 4 9011 HIR1 Wagner bulbs for sale that I bought in error - IIRC they fit the 100 and are a significant improvement over standard bulbs.... PM me if interested

I upgraded mine to the last facelift style one piece and larger headlights and the larger grill, also upgraded the rear lights to the later LED's, all genuine Toyota parts, the headlight beam pattern is much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't recommend the HIR (9011 & 9012) halogen bulbs enough!
9011 replace the stock 9005 high beams.
9012 replace the stock 9006 low beams.
Need to trim about 2mm of plastic to fit.

The improvement in visibility is incredible. The bulbs are still halogen and with the more or less same dimensions, so there is no glaring or blinding the oncoming traffic.
Bulb life is much improved - 500-700 hours for the brightest HIR vs 200-300 for the brightest regular halogens.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I can't recommend the HIR (9011 & 9012) halogen bulbs enough!
9011 replace the stock 9005 high beams.
9012 replace the stock 9006 low beams.
Need to trim about 2mm of plastic to fit.

The improvement in visibility is incredible. The bulbs are still halogen and with the more or less same dimensions, so there is no glaring or blinding the oncoming traffic.
Bulb life is much improved - 500-700 hours for the brightest HIR vs 200-300 for the brightest regular halogens.

You can replace both 9005 and 9006 with the 9011

my lights are the same i think but have the blacksurround inside
No, there not made by Toyota, if the were you would have had to change the fillier strip underneath each headlight, and you would have to grind some metal away from the wings where the indicators are, this is because the last facelift one piece headlights were bigger than the second facelift two piece headlights, when I upgraded mine back it 2014, I didn't know there were after market one piece headlights available that would be a direct replacement, with no mods involved.

Toyota never made the one piece headlights with a black surround for the 100, but your's do look good, wish I knew they were around when I did mine, would have saved me a lot of work, I also fitted the genuine last facelift rear LED lights, again before I relised there were aftermarket rear LED's (not bulbs, the whole light fitting) available.

There is a big, big after market parts market for the 100 in Austraila as they were so popular there, only problem is the cost of shipping, and import duty.

G'Day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted from Australia

Is that the4wdshed ones? Need to replace drivers side headlamp and indicator on mine as clips broken and was considering the one pieces units but didn't want to do body mods...! May I ask for a rough, ball park cost fully shipped & imported? Were they drop in or did you have issues?

Is that the4wdshed ones? Need to replace drivers side headlamp and indicator on mine as clips broken and was considering the one pieces units but didn't want to do body mods...! May I ask for a rough, ball park cost fully shipped & imported? Were they drop in or did you have issues?
About £230 delivered plus £50 duty

Back