Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LJ78 Door Control Relay Location

Jasper Kotze

Country Flag
south_africa
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to debug my cruiser's central locking, I checked every door all of them have the electronic locks but when I press the unlock button only the drivers side locks and unlocks. Does any of you guys/gals have an idea where the door control relay is located in this cruiser? Any help would be appreciated.
1595331716471.png

Hi Jasper, I have the same issue. Did you locate the relay?
Thanks,
Tom

Hello Tom,

Yes I got an answer on the ih8mud forum.

Answer: " The controller you are looking for is in the drivers door. I’ve had to replace this controller before. "

Let me know if you found it, and what you had to do to fix it, I have not had time to check yet.

Great - thanks. Likewise please let me know if you get there first
Cheers

Hello Everyone,

Just to leave some feedback! I found and fixed my issue!! :dance:

The problem was old electrical modding of one of the previous owners, wires to the relay was badly spliced and cut and just twisted on by hand. The added wires were cut off inside the vehicle underneath the steering wheel. All I did was remove their dodgy junk wiring and repained and soldered the wheres to their original counterpart wires. Voila !! When I press the lock/unlock button EVERY door locks and unlocks... when I lock the driver door with the key every door locks and unlocks! I was so happy!

I should have attempted this much sooner! I guess it just took me a bit of time to get to know the vehicle more and build up my DC electrical DIY confidence.

My going theory is that some assh*(&e crappily added then removed a remote locking mechanism and just cut it out before selling the vehicle.

Pictures:
Big Red Box, Is the junk wires I removed.
Junk Wires.jpg

Soldered 1 & 2, 3&4 wires:
Wires Before Soldering.jpg

Attachments

• 20200809_151810.jpg
    20200809_151810.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200809_151829.jpg
    20200809_151829.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 44
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back