Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Login Problem

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Although I have checked the box for logging me in automatically at each visit, I find that I keep having to log in when I enter the site. It's maybe just me but I wondered if anyone else was having the same problem.

It is possible that your internet browser is set to delete cookies on exiting. The browser uses cookies to store information like login details for automatic login. In Internet Explorer this would happen if the box in 'Tools > Internet Options > Delete browsing history on exit' is ticked.

cheers

Thanks for the replies chaps. I use Safari as my browser and can't find 'Tools'. It must be called something else in Safari. However, I don't have the problem in a couple of other forums that I frequent. The plot thickens!

Have you tried a different browser? If you experience the same issue in a different one then its likely nothing to do with your cookie settings. A quick google revealed that the cookie settings are in preferences and then under the security in Safari tab BTW.

Thanks Rob. I'll have a look and see what I can do.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Still having login problems here but not on other forums. Very strange! I'll just have to get used to typing my username and password. :thumbdown:

I'll reset your account in a few minutes which might help (has done in the past)

Many thanks Crispin. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :pray:

Let me know, if it does not help then I'll have another look. (I reset it earlier BTW)

Had to login again today. What is interesting is that before I log in my username appears as one of the members who is online and yet I still have to log in. One for Sherlock Holmes I think!

Out of interest, have you changed your password recently? Do you have another computer or phone somewhere that is still logged on?

I can have a go at your account later today but while I am doing it you will be kicked out and not able to login.

Sorry Crispin. I haven't changed my password nor do I have another computer or phone which is logged on. I really don't mind logging on each time if a solution can't be found as it must be something wrong at my end if no-one else is experiencing the same difficulty.

I don't mind being 'kicked out' later today as long as you don't put on your big boots!

I didn't have to login this morning! :thumbup: Thanks Crispin. :clap:

hmmm, didn't actually do anything yet :oops:

If it happens again then we'll have a dig. It could be that too many attempts at your account force a log-out of all connected users (weird but possible...)

Back