Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lower control arms

Rob Voerman

Hi there

Anyone know where I can source new lower control arms for 100vx diesel?

I think Milners offroad do them, if not roughtrax might be worth a look too. :)

You could get it welded and fit a bolt on kit from old man emu which costs about £15 and is a half hour retrofit or buy the new A frame and fit the kit anyway to save the other one from cracking. How did you know it cracked anyway??

Mot guys saw it, they did a repair but I am nit happy, done 600 km back home like that and hardly use the car
We are in process of importing the at to France and would like to get this replaced

Found lights LHD for electric 115 eu

Still haven't put tires on but found some on bushtaxi

The lower ball joints are 96 eu from Toyota here but yhe whole arm from roughtrax is cheaper solution

Not sure if they up to Toyota standards though as they do take hammering

Also have new back and front bumpers in garage, a year already but they will wait till I do yhe lowers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I bought a pair of lower ball joints for £30 on eBay, seem to be as good as Toyota's . I would say the roughtrax arms are as good as oe parts. I've had a fair bit of stuff for a surf from them and it was always spot on. :D

Rob Voerman said:
Hi there
Slee only has for the 80, ....
From Slee's site: "Heavy Duty Rear Control Arms - Fits 80 and 100 Series Land Cruisers"
Is that not correct then?

Hi Rob,

Did you get sorted with new lower suspension arms?

Pedders now sell a strengthening plate to help stop the lower arm from cracking on all 100 series Lancruisers.

http://www.pedders.co.uk/pedders-carm-strengthening-bracket-kit-4316_p4501642.htm

I think some of the confusion above is due to the 105 series being related to the 80 series.

The 105 and 80 series share most suspension components but the 100 series is a completely different beast.

Regards

Michael @ Pedders

Back