Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LPG on a 3.0L 120

garygiles1963

HI

Is anyone using LPG on 3.0L 120. If so whats your experience and thoughts. What the cost of installation?

Regards
Gary

I thought lpg needed a spark. Converting a diesel engine for that sounds like a huge amount of work ( or an i missing something )?

You can get systems that inject LPG into the airflow, so a mixture of diesel fuel and gas is burnt.

Just in London were now getting hit with the T charge. With that and the congestion charge, maybe I should be looking at getting LPG conversion.

But by the sounds of it, doesn't sound possible with my LC.

G.

There are firms that do the kit, whether it's worth it or not this is worth a read :http://www.go-lpg.co.uk/diesel.html
It might clean up the exhaust a bit, but whether it would be enough to be considered by TFL as acceptable without a particulate filter system fitted (£lots) I don't know.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Flint, thanks for the link.

Is there any suggestions on how I can reduce the pollution on my LC. How long will it be before they get totally band?

Certainly looks like the days are numbered on diesel cars.

This is a very interesting topic! I've been looking into this a bit, but only skimming the surface of it when it catches my attention!
From what I've researched is with gas you get upto speed or certain boost then the lpg kicks in and saves diesel. From what I've looked at you can achieve 20% to 30% diesel efficency and power so you don't have to depress the right pedal as much as you would without lpg, but you have to be on a long run to make it worthwhile and the gas gives higher egt's so there's a downside! But really good if you do motorway runs everyday.
You can do it with ecu run diesels I've read but there's a more tecky approach needed of course!
Been seriously looking into setting up a HHO hydrogen electrolysis kit to my 81, they also claim to achieve 15% to 30% efficiency etc. This one is very intriguing as you don't even have to buy LPG you just have to fill the extra header tank with water! (No wonder the fuel companies put a blanket over that!):lol:

Food for thought:thumbup:

Back