Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lpg pr not ???

Volare

Country Flag
australia
Hi all.
Very new to this and some questions already. Recently I have become an owner of an used 100 V8 Petrol Cruiser. Have done a couple of good trips and must say I am very happy with everything.
Having done some planning for longer trips in to western Australia it seems the range with the LPG conversion is not very good.
I have also been chatting to some mechanics and the general consensus seems to be that LPG is not a good idea for the V8 Petrol.
So I have been contemplating of taking out the LPG system and installing a long range tank (182 litres ). So with the main tank and the new tank I think the range would be pretty good.

Any ideas, pointers and experiences with this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi, LPG is fine if you use a good system & install a flash lube system. Mine has done 170,000 and been converted from nearly new.
The range with a small spare wheel tank is only 200-240 miles so you need a larger tank for range.
The main consideration is availability of LPG and the price versus petrol.
Of course all us V8 drivers are worried about the environment & the LPG is very 'green' !!

hope that helps

cheers
Chris

Last edited:
Hi, LPG is fine if you use a good system & install a flash lube system. Mine has done 170,000 and been converted from nearly new.
The range with a small spare wheel tank is only 200-240 miles so you need a larger tank for range.
The main consideration is availability of LPG and the price versus petrol.
Of course all us V8 drivers are worried about the environment & the LPG is very 'green' !!

hope that helps

cheers
Chris

I couldn't agree with Canex more. LPG is the way to go (here in the UK) but down under that might be a different kettle of fish. As long as the infrastructure and availability for LPG is up to scratch, I'd keep hold of the cars LPG conversion. If I'm correct, you can still fit a long range petrol tank to a LPG converted LC100 without compromising either system. If so, that's the best of both world's in my book......

Thanks - do you have any idea who makes that extra long range tank ? Where would they install it ?

Back