Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Made it to Falmouth

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
After resting on my drive for more than two years she got all six of us with wet suits and body boards the 380 miles down to Falmouth for our holidays:grinning:

F0436C0B-2CB3-4987-84EF-DB9CD0F5558F.jpeg

Nice, bet its lovely down there with this great weather

My old stomping ground.... I spent many a happy evening being thrown out of the Pirate...

80 Series wheels are not the only 80 Series components on this vehicle! I even have two Landrover Freelander components that make this truck what she is....

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
...maybe it’s those LR components that give her the magical powers?!

I knew I’d done a thread on it....

C0B19F9D-1908-4A79-9595-75D703670957.png

My old stomping ground.... I spent many a happy evening being thrown out of the Pirate...

We had a pub near us when I was growing up called the Falmouth Arms.... the sign had lost the M and H, so it was the Fal out Arms.... about right for how you'd leave it....

The pirate pub in Falmouth ring's a bell.... went there after going to Glastonbury one year! Lol... I remember the interior of the pub, but can't remember the year I went there! :lol:

I did'nt make Falmouth in 1967 lol, from Cheltenham when my LR burned an injector out at Jamaica Inn. That's when roads were roads and there were no cars. The road went past the Inn car park so I drifted in and hitched the rest of the way to see my new GF. Her Dad lent me a car and we drove to Bristol to get a new injector and heat shield washer. On the way back to Jamaica the skies turned black and by the time we made it to Jamaica at 4p.m. we were snowed in there. So I had to change the injector with car running for heat and my GF holding down the spanners. By 5 it was done but engine so cold it would not turn. Nobody for miles around. Then a Royal Navy LR turned up looking for people they'd lost. I begged them to tow me to thaw the engine oil out, so they did. We went to five lanes until the engine fired, that's several miles.

We discovered " porthbeen or porthbean" a little beech via footpath only. Stayed there for 16 days. Never saw a soul. I caught a huge crab and as I did not know how to prepare it I went to the posh house on the cliff and knocked on the door. The lady there took me in and we prepared it on her kitchen table.

"Chain Locker" was the pub in those days.

Have a nice one.

All of these places can be seen from my dads house

Back of the Pirate

7A2653F3-D2AC-47BD-8DA0-930FCED8C35A.jpeg

Roof of the Chain Locker

888726A4-5009-480A-9EAF-B178FAACE4EB.jpeg

Back