Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Malaga here we come

spackrackman

The start of the adventure to pick up a 40 troopy that's been living in the south of Spain for the last 15 years. The plan is to service it this afternoon, test run to the sea for the night, followed by a visit to Madrid( a planned session) and then up to the port for home. Arriving back in the midlands for Sunday afternoon.
It's not moved for over one year. Slightly nervous but I have faith in the Toyota already and I have not even see it.

Outcomes could be one of three...

I walk away as its utter crap
I push it onto the road and get the AA to bring it back
We arrive back in the uk After a fun trip

Fourth... We set up camp where ever it breaks down

Good old Rodger and corrine are coming out of retirement and meeting me down there, so it will be good to see a friendly face.

Hopefully I will be able to post some photos later

Wow sounds like an excellent adventure. Fingers crossed that it all goes smooth and stress free for you :thumbup:

i would of come with you but my old sqeeky only starts when it feels like it at the mo!

Have fun, great little adventure by the sounds of it

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Pictures to follow upon my return. Unfortuantly though I have left the truck behind! Too far gone. May have made it back but would have been touch and go. I shall tell more later.

I don't suppose anyone needs a one way ferry journey from Spain to portsmouth. 300 quid down the drain. Can I claim anything on my MasterCard? Too late to cancel it.
Oh well.

Ah well, always better to follow your instincts. Look forward to pics in any case!!

couple of pics what I walked away from.

After I had gone, a story was told to Rodger that the engine (a 6 cylinder 3.5) had been over heated and caused the head to warp. The chaps solution was to over torque the head. I am not sure it would have stayed cool over 1500 km home!

Anyway it was an experience and was nice to spend a few days in 15+ degrees and instead of driving a truck for three days we took the high speed train (300+ kms) up to mardrid and had a good session instead!

23c19afe.jpg

afd9d566.jpg

right decision mate, if your initial reaction whist excited and desperate to buy it having travelled to spain, was to walk away i suspect it was the right one.

That's a shame I'm sure you made the right decision

Apart from my rust heap of a troopy are there any others over here in the UK

Back