Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mammoth Moth

Oh dear Frank is that meant to be a joke? Have you been drinking all day?

"Look at this black mamba I got sent the other day."

Stu, this has to be photshopped.
:violin:
The fence posts are about 6 feet apart - making this 'mamba' about 18 feet long. I don't think so !

I did think that as well but I am not aire either way.
It doesn't look like it's photo shopped as it's all in scale with no odd bends.

There was a Black Mamba skin mounted on the wall of the social club I was a member of in New Germany (Natal/KZN, RSA) years ago that was considered an absolute monster at about 2.5/3 metres. So I cannot imagine one twice that size :shock:

Regarding moths I was astounded when in Bandung (West Java; Indonesia) one evening when these winged creatures were blocking out the street lights. I thought it was bats until one landed near us and it was a ginormous moth. Google produced the following:
"Atlas moths were often considered the largest moths in the world in terms of total wing surface area,[SUP][2][/SUP] but recent sources confer this title upon the Hercules Moth from New Guinea and northern Australia.[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP] Their wingspans are also amongst the largest, reaching over 25 cm (10 in). Females are appreciably larger and heavier than the males"

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well with some of our friends headed to Morocco .... be wary .... I came across this little critter in the deserts of North Africa. Its a Horned Viper

01e1ea364d449d4806c67e0db0976413.jpg

Well with some of our friends headed to Morocco .... be wary .... I came across this little critter in the deserts of North Africa. Its a Horned Viper

01e1ea364d449d4806c67e0db0976413.jpg

Jeez, Reinhard, I'm glad it was only a moth that I found ! :wtf:

That was in Tunisia in 88. I didnt wander round to take a full frontal

They eat carpets as well Clive. You should be so lucky as to have expensive suits with wool in :icon-biggrin:. You can still buy moth balls and some are odourless.

sandlewood I think it is is a more pleasant smelling alternative you can buy. Comes in a wee bottle, couple of drops in the wardrobe, job done

We have some big moths in NZ but none so pretty,obviously it was dressed up for the Moth Ball

sandlewood I think it is is a more pleasant smelling alternative you can buy. Comes in a wee bottle, couple of drops in the wardrobe, job done

I didn't know that muggy, we'll get some of that!

Even the odorless mothballs smell, I'd much prefer sandalwood, if it's effective :thumbup:

Back