Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Milner clutch and steering wheel

nlbyrne

Anyone have any experience with them? are they any good.
Or does anyone have any recommendations on where to get one.
It a 1996 4.2 24v

Also I'm looking for a brown leather steering like below,
I think a 80series 90series 100series or lexus 300, 400 steering wheel fits

119_0044.jpg

i have a brown steering wheel complete with air bag and cruise control in good condition. thanks

For the steering wheel, you could order a "wheelskins" leather cover from the US and fit yourself. They offer a wide range of colours, so I am sure you could get the identical colour. They're in the US - you can find them on ebay.com (or google, I imagine).

No idea on the clutch!

Wheelskinz :thumbup:

Put one on my 80 and it was quality.

Going to put one on the 100, doesn't need it but is more comfortable.

Paul said:
Wheelskinz :thumbup:

Put one on my 80 and it was quality.

Going to put one on the 100, doesn't need it but is more comfortable.

Paul, can you get these in the UK anywhere, or do you need to get them from the US site?

Ordered of ebay that was a UK listing but location was the US. Came in 5 days with reasonable postage so never looked any further.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You don't have the sellers details do you. I've searched on ebay and cant find them....

Hi
If you look into re-connolising your leather steering wheel, you should be able to apply an original finish with a rag after degreasing your original. I did this with worn DB6 leather seats and the result was spectacular. The advantage would be that you would not even have to remove the 'wheel. The disadvantage would be that you would have to wait untill it dried. Worth looking into. I know Connoly leather used to supply several colours which I recon were only cellulose paint. You could try a small aerosol can of the right[ish] colour after degreasing. I'm sure this will work and very easy if you could get the 'wheel off. A medium application would leave the pores of the leather open and after drying you could then give a few application of leather cream.

Frank

triggers said:
i have a brown steering wheel complete with air bag and cruise control in good condition. thanks

Could you send me on a few pics thanks.

Anyone on the clutch ???

I have heard that you can ask Milner for a Aisin clutch which is OEM.

Rob said:
I have heard that you can ask Milner for a Aisin clutch which is OEM.

That worked for me once. Tried again for another 80 and got an Exedy who claim to be "the market leader in our field as OE clutch suppliers to all Japanese car manufacturers" on their UK website.

Ian

Exedy

- IIRC the Aussies on LCOOL rate the Exedy clutches. How did you find it performed Ian?

Ye now that you say it on MUD they do be talkin about Aisin products, maybe there just not as well known in Europe like LuK. The truth be known they are probably all made in the same factory.

Had a look at the "wheelskins" products dont think I'd like them, not a fan of a bulky steering wheel

Well I ordered a clutch and a few bits off milner, must say there is no messing around ordered on Monday delivered to my door in ireland on Wednesday morning. The clutch delivered was aisan, gave it to a mate who is a mechanic and fitted it exhaust a few anti-roll bar bushes (OEM) in a day. the new clutch feels nice and light

I will try and get a few pics of the old clutch it is in some state, rivit grooves on the pressure plate. One careful lady owner previous who must have loved a good ride :twisted: :lol:

Back