Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

ISO junk steering wheel

Rbone

Country Flag
united_states
Upcoming on the restoration of my '96 Land Cruiser is a steering wheel recover. Craft Customs in Rockwall, TX has been recommended by several people. I have spoken with them and plan to use them. Their turnaround time is 3 weeks though. My wife is now driving the Land Cruiser daily, so I will need to put a temporary steering wheel on the car. From what it looks like, there are many makes and models of steering wheels that will fit. Does anyone have a list of those and/or have a junk steering wheel that I could buy/borrow for a few weeks?

Thanks in advance,
Ron

Have you had a wander round your local breakers yard then atleast you should be able to pick one up and if in decent enough condition send that one away without dismantling yours and if they have not got the exact one you want recommend a temporary fit for you

It’s a shame you’re in the states as I have two spare wheels.

I fitted a wheel to my 95 gs that came from a Toyota celica. I’d say that every 90’s period Toyota has the same splines.

Also Lexus, I’m always on the look out for a mint wheel from an LS breaker.

Thanks Derek! There are several junk yards (or as we call them in rural Texas - wreckin yards!) around that I will check. I spent a good part of the day today bleeding the rear brakes again as the brake pedal had begun to slowly depress while at a stop. I'll drive it for a day or so and see if it's sorted out or not. No fluid leaks anywhere, so maybe a little air was left in there from sitting for all those years.

Total change of the brake fluid as when you start on the bleeding of the brake system you will more than likely get some really horrible coloured crap come through and will more than likely have to bleed the system a few times before you are happy with the feel of the brake pedal a member called uHu has done a write up on the process and well worth your time for a read and a much better explanation than my post

Back