Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Milners UJ

silvercruiser

Hello this is mainly for the ones that have had experience of milners uj in the past and had issues with trying to grease them once back on the car.

this is one i had delivered with my other bits today.
Does it look the same or have they changed them?

toyotauj1.jpg

toyotauj.jpg

If not il try and put a 45 degree nipple on and see how that works.

Joe

Joe,

It looks like the one I fitted earlier this year.

I greased it on the bench before replacing the propshaft and it was OK. I think I also managed to get the grease gun on it again after fitting it - but I can't be sure about that.

The pictures I posted caused a comment or two about the changed design.

See here: http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7778

Hope this helps.

Bob.

Ok thanks Bob

All im waiting for now is a good clear day and il set about the cruiser i hope i dont end up like you have on the l/c.

Joe

They are an a###e to grease once fitted, I have managed to grease mine using a solid pipe grease gun and pushing like hell on it to make the seal, but I did manage to grease the UJ.

Steve

BlackWidow said:
They are an a###e to grease once fitted, I have managed to grease mine using a solid pipe grease gun and pushing like hell on it to make the seal, but I did manage to grease the UJ.

Steve

ok thankyou, ive got a selection of different grease nipples in the garage i will have a play to see if i can make it easier to access.

Joe

I usually take my props off to grease them so I can check the UJ's at the same time. Off the truck you can open the yoke up more for better access.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
I usually take my props off to grease them so I can check the UJ's at the same time. Off the truck you can open the yoke up more for better access.

OK thanks I'm not doing the l/c this weekend as I'm on a four day stag doo in Cornwall so I'm hoping to get on with it the weekend after i will have a play with different grease nipples and then maybe if i find a good angle milners might update the kit.

Joe

P.s I apologise in advance if anyone lives near newquay :lol:

silvercruiser said:
Jon Wildsmith said:

OK thanks I'm not doing the l/c this weekend as I'm on a four day stag doo in Cornwall so I'm hoping to get on with it the weekend after i will have a play with different grease nipples and then maybe if i find a good angle milners might update the kit.

Joe

Was this your stag party joe? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/8655790.stm
doesn't sound like anyone was seriously hurt but if it was i hope your all ok

Rob said:
silvercruiser said:
Jon Wildsmith said:

Joe

Was this your stag party joe? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/8655790.stm
doesn't sound like anyone was seriously hurt but if it was i hope your all ok

Hello Rob it wasnt me i did hear that they overloaded the lift and thts why it went down.

Joe

Back