Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Modular Steels for an 80

Custom banding?

Yes, we used to call them "cut & welds" in the old days, for a fiver a wheel :lol:.

So if they're 8" now, just get 1" or 1 & 1/2" welded in, on the inside only.

I really don't know mate because it's the tyre bulge that puts it where i want it , wider rims would eliminate the bulge if i used the same tyre plus the ghost of a memory tells me these tyres touched the chassis slightly on full lock when i had 16x8 with a zero offset . But was that when i had a spring spacer lift before or after the body lift :crazy:

The jury is still out but current thinking is 305/70 should be wider but not quite as tall as my 285/75 so banding would let me keep the bulge if i'm willing to fork out for new tyres .

It all sounds a lot of money just to "cover the CVs" and I don't really know what your intentions are there Shayne, looks or protection?

IMO it won't protect anything.

In the mud, mine fill with mud, solid, all around the calipers, and the discs.

In fact, I think the narrower the wheel, the less mud would collect.

What can i say - its the slippery slope syndrome i guess , I joined the forum about 4 years ago just looking to fill the arches a bit and i got lots of help on that regard ............ but the buggers didn't tell me the arches would keep on growing :lol:

What can i say - its the slippery slope syndrome i guess , I joined the forum about 4 years ago just looking to fill the arches a bit and i got lots of help on that regard ............ but the buggers didn't tell me the arches would keep on growing :lol:

Slipperier, and slipperier, I'm afraid.... :doh:

Back