Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mojo's Millennium Falcon

Mojo

Country Flag
hong_kong
I do apologise for the lateness of adding this brief write up to the club forum. The problem with having an 80 is that there is always something that needs modifying or changing..or driving somewhere..it's never ending (in a good way). In part I owe this post to numerous people on this forum who have helped and answered my ramblings. I thank you.
IMG_6238_01.jpg
IMG_6236.JPG

Bought in 2014 off a club member (I think) the HD-FT (very rare manual!) was quickly driven out of the UK (without even so much as checking the engine oil level) as I couldn't find anywhere to park.

20150601_095023.jpg

Anyway one thing led to another and after pinching ideas and stalking Instagram accounts I sort of decided to revamp the 80 into a semi-ready overlanding vehicle. I drove to Lithuania to begin the restoration (camp fire story). Yes rust was a problem, the diff locks were blinking, and racing green colour just wasn't my thing, nor were the Mitsubishi rims.

Some months later and the 80 is back, branded the Millennium Falcon (my all time fav rust bucket spaceship), with a few modifications and blingy lights. 'Its the 4x4 that made the 100m run in less than 12 seconds!'
20181026_161424.jpg

Here is a list of what was done, but will let the pictures do the writing:

Rust - chop chop both front wings, parts of bonnet and treated the whole underside.
IMG-20180611-WA0002.jpg

Paint - Spray with Line X, google the benefits (?!). Amazing how the tow truck respects the red light! Note the rust areas on the rear screen.
IMG-20180621-WA0000.jpg IMG-20180621-WA0000.jpg

Diff Locks. CDL kept, front & rear changed to AIR.

Onboard Air - compressor in rear DS panel, linked to air cylinder in engine bay (right corner). All blue visible piping is the air line. Intervolt blue box by PS battery
20181026_112435.jpg
Deleted ABS.
EGR - usual delete.
IMG-20181015-WA0001.jpg
Lights - Reverse LEDs, Side ditch LEDs, just added Ultinon H4 main, & 54w dual spots

Complete brake overhaul.

All round suspension change to 864 OME 2". No more Ironman (ever).

New BFG AT2 x 5

Reconditioned LC rims x 5 - original

New DIN2 entertainment from China
IMG-20181017-WA0000.jpg

Rear draw system - this need to be modified.
20190421_194649.jpg
New beefier radiator

Full tests on alternator & aircon compressor - original

Intervolt DCDC Split Charge

2 x winches

Full armour protection (bullbar, rear wheel carrier, rock sliders and rear light protectors)
20190421_194537.jpg

60 lt stainless steel water tank (in place of spare wheel), behind rear winch. Temporarily have removed rear sway bar.
20190421_194752.jpg

Gulwings - from you know who. They are just great!

Stuff to sort out..fridge, solar/Li battery pack and roofrack. Feel free to ask questions.

20181026_154459.jpg

20181026_155144_01.jpg

Nice looking Truck Mojo, and a great write up. Thanks for posting.

Finally got there Charlie! Looking very good in the Line X paint. :thumbup:

Looks good have you got anymore details on the rear winch and mounts?

Looks amazing!

I just had my first experience of applying linex to my sliders on the weekend. I just used a foam roller and it goes on very easily and looks great.

I would guess with so much area to do you used the sprayer you can get for it?

Looks good have you got anymore details on the rear winch and mounts?
Its just mounted in a steel box to the rear bumper. About 5-7m of dyneema 3t. Enough to pull me out of a ditch. Remote control fob.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks amazing!

I just had my first experience of applying linex to my sliders on the weekend. I just used a foam roller and it goes on very easily and looks great.

I would guess with so much area to do you used the sprayer you can get for it?

Most of the work is prepping. But yes done in a spray booth with the spray gun.
FB_IMG_15432591993087521.jpg

Looking great Charlie

Fancy joining my Western Sahara trip in September?????

Hi Charlie,
I was talking to Nick (FBNSS) who's got the same winch bumper as you....... can I ask where it's from and what you think about it? and is the rear swing arm bumper the same manufacturer? Many thanks.
Kind Regards

Back