Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

most users ever online???

Gary said:
So clearly he reads our 'PM' stuff. That's like going into someone's house and opening their mail!! I don't even open SWMBOs mail, or go into her handbag (scary in there ...) so I am peeved. :twisted:

I wonder what the data protection act says about that? Think I'll go read up on it and see if I can find any precedents. Recent case law would be nice, too.
Gary, this was Simons reply to me this evening when I questioned him:
TLOCUK Admin said:
I have to have access to ALL the data for a variety of reasons, including day to day maintenance, backups, anti-spam, conflict resolution etc etc and I am perfectly within my rights, as data owner, to interrogate that data at any time I wish.
He can try to justify it with whatever reasons he chooses but, my issue is it is morally wrong.

I was going to ask him if he minded me putting up a post over there asking what the users thought of this policy... but he would just think I am trying to stir things so I didn't bother.

Crispin said:
Bat21 said:
Busaboy said:
Just got this from Simon:

If I see weblinks, personal messages (PM).....

Simon
I can't believe he is admitting to viewing others PM's :o that is totally out of order.

Oh and I have just had a warning to.... I feel Simon is loosing his grip :?

You think he edits them too? :lol: :lol:
"Dear busaboy,

I like to touch myself

Regards,
Crispin
"

What's going on here? Bat21 - did I edit your message (BY ACCIDENT!!!! before I am flamed :oops: )

I wrote that but it's appearing as yours.
Yes I did see that and thought you were becoming more like tlocuk admin each day.... either that or taking the p155 :o

idrubie said:
would it help if I stuck a load of parts on eBay and put a link to here in each of the ads?

crispin said:
Not really - it sort of works the other way. A link to here for more information / discussion from your ebay sale would work.

I will read that again in the morning - are they not both the same thing?

Ian

Bat21 said:
Yes I did see that and thought you were becoming more like tlocuk admin each day.... either that or taking the p155 :o

Ouch..... :cry:

I had meant it as another post, no idea what I was doing... Too many things happening at the same time. :?

I think we will have a good solution to getting this forum known about shortly, don't panick ;)

I had a thought, if we can't use the old forum to contact people and we are trying to improve our Google ranking by getting links from good sites perhaps we could use other forums like ih8mud.com, expedition portal, diff lock, devon 4x4, hubb, lcool, elco mailing list etc to let people know about this one?
J

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Trouble is it's a bit cheeky without permission even though some of those sites will be ok about it. Best to ask first (I'm asking about ELCO ) but if any answer yes then it's a good idea.

Couldn't we be a bit subtle using the 'have you seen this thread on another forum' approach?

Back