Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

MOT

Not that I am aware of. It doesn't tip the scales at over 3oookgs for a start and it's not a goods vehicle either. What makes you think that it has?

Chris

Chris said:
Not that I am aware of. It doesn't tip the scales at over 3oookgs for a start and it's not a goods vehicle either. What makes you think that it has?

Chris

Phoned to book an MOT today and was told it might fall into a class 7 He was't sure

Very unlikely I would think. it's an SUV / car type thing. I think that some people with 80's who have really loaded them up fully have crossed some line somewhere. But a standard 90 shouldn't be a class 7. Paul H will know, I'm sure. As will others on here, but I think it most unlikely.

Chris

I'd seen a few mutterings about people getting class 7s for their 80. When I took mine in I also took the previous year's certificate in case of any doubt, which clearly stated it was a class 4.

AFAIK the issue is not the class of them changing but that the domestic testing stations ramp may not be rated for the GVW of an 80 etc so they tell you to go to a class 7 testing place, where you should still get a class 4 MOT, at the class 4 price, but their ramp will cope :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My place just has pit, so I guess it's never been an issue.

Chris

It seems to be an 80 issue.
My Jap import 80 dosen't have a weight plate so it is class 4. The wife's UK spec was different and the MOTer had to phone VOSA for a definitive answer. They said that as all previous MOTs had been class 4 they would recognise that for the future. Hers is 8 seats and a five seater is a lighter gross.
Both classes of MOT are the same price around here , it's just that less places do class 7.

I very much doubt a Colorado tops out at over 3 tonnes.

Class 7 is a Goods vehicle over 3000Kg and less than 3500Kg

Even if you had an "Irish type" of Colorado with only front seats and no side windows and a load deck fitted it would still not be a Class 7 as it is under 3000Kg DGW.

All "normal" UK Landcruisers 80s, 90, 100, 120, etc are Class 4, eg. Cars (up to 8 passenger seats).

Back