Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

MUX's rear bumper build

Phew Gav, which ones of yours need deleting? There seem to be a LOT of candidates :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you took the whole lot off, the site wouldn't be missing out on much Andy :lol: :lol:

Empty vessels & all of that!!!

Following on from a few posts on Paul's thread, here's a few photos of the clamp in its new position with the latch fitted & holding the carrier closed:

15052010902.jpg

15052010903.jpg

Now its pulling the swing arm onto the bracket fixed to the bumper, everything is nice & secure but I do drive everywhere with one eye on it to make sure its still there!!!

I intend to fit a positive locking mechanism as well as soon as possible, probably sommat like this that I posted earlier in the thread, to prevent accidental opening.

AntiluceTF263.jpg

Va bene

I was think along the same sort of lines. The over centre catch I am looking at will have a built in lock and I will be able to add a pad lock if needed. I will also be mounting the wheel a little higher so I can put the number plate under it.

Paul

gav, how is your nato hitch attached?

i can see a square hole, and the nato hitch appears to be the proverbial round peg.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Callum

I chopped the big ole fixing flange off as it had been welded up by a PO & therefore the hook didn't rotate any more. Cleaned the stub left from the flange up so it slipped inside 50x50 box section & my welding buddy welded it up :)

Needs a lick of paint really ;-)

I'll whip it out later & do you a couple of pics

Cheers

Back