Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 120 / LC5 Aircon palaver ...

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
So the Cruiser is standing outside the house after spending another 2 days with Mr T while they try to sort the aircon. No idea, yet, whether it's fixed, and no idea, if it is, what they've done to fix it.... Anyone want to place a bet on how long it'll work this time before mysteriously failing again? Last one was 2 months from the last magnetic clutch replacement to utter failure .... before that was about 3 months before it failed just as it was getting warm on the way to the Pyrenees :evil:

I'll go back through my records and check what's been done - but something is very wrong there on my wagon I think :twisted: Thank goodness for the warranty - but you'd think after the 6th (or is it 7th - I forget :doh: ) claim, the main Mr T would want to take a peek and see what's going on?? Any money Mr T made on the sale of this truck to me has long since been gobbled up by warranty claims :violin:

doesnt sound to promising :thumbdown:

i take it they have checked the compressor isn't partially seized and therefore making the clutch work harder.

Joe

:doh: wish I could impart more than my hope for a speedy fix... but unfortunately it's all I've got right now!

... It's yours though fella :thumbup:

... and watching this closely as I've still got the "occasional intermittent" light on my ac button :roll:

If I get anything interesting from mine I'll let you know...

Gary, I can't believe the number of problems you have had, and are still having with your 120.

Thinking back about all the times your's has been back at Toyota is breathtaking.

Gra.

Thank goodness for warranty, eh, Gra - never mind, it's almost perfect now :clap:

JV - symptoms are pretty similar - 3 distinct faults seem to occur:

1. Magnetic clutch packs in and needs to be replaced - 4 occurrences now;
2. Magic gas went away once - pipes needed replacing;
3. Last couple have been failure to engage the mag clutch - not sure what has caused it - with the original mag clutch fault I get no error message, for these ones I get an error message on the screensaying there's a fault - can't remeber the wording exactly ...

Anyway - no docs from Mr T last night, so no idea what they did, but it's working again... except I still think I've got some shot bushes in the front somewhere, which they can't find, so may go the home-replacement route on my own, just as a preventative maintenance exercise.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back