Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have had just the same problem with a blocked filter. The dealer I bought the car from is Vantage Toyota, Tamworth but I had the repair done with a Toyota dealer local to me in Swansea but had to pay, now Vantage are trying to say that it is a dirty fuel problem and not a warranty issue. I'll be on the phone to Toyota tomorrow and will let you know how it pans out. Thanks for the info.

How did this work out Lyn?

I had my arguments with Vantage Toyota who maintains that there wasn't a problem when it left them and the problem I had would have been from contaminated fuel and was not covered by the warranty, so they have agreed to go 50-50 on the bill from my local Toyota dealer. Fortunately I gave them a higher value than it actually was so they have ended up paying 80% of the total.

t is on "all the new ones" which are in the 150, Avenis et al. Don't think it (this particular issue) goes back to the 120.
Having said that, remember my constant issues with loss of power, same thing me thinks. The power loss started again just before I sold it (one or two hickups) and now that I think back, that filter had about 9000 miles worth of diesel through it. Can't help but wonder....

Apparently the heated fuel causes the additives to pass through the filter instead of blocking it up.

Back