Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My Amayama experience

AdventureWagon

Supporter
Country Flag
australia
I mentioned in another thread that I would order something from Amayama (3x ignition coil bolts for my VZJ95, part number (amongst others) 91511-G0622). I lost one of my original ones so just bodged a longer hardware shop bolt in with a stack of washers but I wanted to do a proper job of it. With the car still usable I just picked the cheapest option for shipping.

When I searched for the part number I got two sources - one from the UAE and one from Japan. The UAE one was slightly cheaper so I went with that. I placed my order on 10/11/2021

I then got the order cancelled on 14/11/2021 saying the order can't be completed, I am guessing maybe the UAE place didn't have it in stock after all.

I then reordered from Japan on the same day. When I ordered the email said they should have at their warehouse on 30/11/2021.

Fast forward to 4/2/2022 and I got the confirmation the part was at their Australian warehouse (Sydney) and ready for shipping to me (Brisbane).

I then got them yesterday, 14/2/2022.

So a little longer than planned but I am sure most of this was down to the effects of covid etc. The parts arrived well packaged and documented and they are the right parts and new.

Total cost for each bolt was AUD1.95 with shipping AUD9.45.

I can't fault them, I decided to turbocharge my (as yet unamed) Toyota coaster and ordered all the parts expecting them to come from Japan.
Seems they also have a warehouse in New Zealand so i got all my parts without any import charges and they arrived exactly as promised.

I take it you are not in Brisbane @hopeless wanderer? My in laws have a 1982 Coaster motorhome rusting in their back garden they are sending to the scrap man. I am sure they would let you scavenge stuff beforehand.

I'm all over the shop. From England but work in the Middle East and have been locked out of home since Covid began. So back across the ditch from you in Wellington after 28 months in exile.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back