Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My handy tip is:

To demist the windscreen during a rain, put the blower vent selector on "demist" (of course...), and switch on the AC to Full Cold.

Works in seconds, much faster than when the heater is on.

For heartburn
Teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in warm water.

For improved physical performance (Ooerrrrr missus). Same again, the more alkaline you are the better.

Most things that ail you need an acid environment to survive, so the more alkaline you ar the better you will be.

So bicarbonate of soda in water. I drink at let three glasses a day.

For cleaning
Juice from freshly squeezed lemon
Teaspoon of bircabonate of Soda
Same again for borax
Squirt of liquid soap
Hot water

Strain into a spray outlet after straining to remove Lemon bits

Will clean most things

Burned pans?
Mix bicarbonate of soda and hot water, leave to stand overnight

What does not wipe off the next day mix a paste with bircabonate of soda and sea salt and scrub, it'll shift the rest.

Best cleaner for cuts
Hydrogen peroxide
It'll make you grit your tech but I'll clean out any infection
(have a read up on oxygen as a cleaner, anti oxidant coat on healthy cells so they are not harmed by it)

Best toothpaste
I wet the toothbrush with hydrogen peroxide then dip it into baking powder. Super shiny clean teeth. Can use bicarbonate of soda instead of baking powder.

Best mouthwash
Hydrogen peroxide
You may foam at the mouth a bit!
Works wonders

If you keep snapping the laces on your boots due to steel eyelets,replace them with window blind cord from Venetian type blinds. Lasts longer than your boots will!! If your boot laces keep opening even with 60 knots in them,delace the boots and drag the laces between two candles(sides) to coat them in wax. No more trippin up!!

Chris said:
If you have a damaged thread and no restorers or taps to hand, you can improvise by cutting a vee notch in the end of a bolt, with a hacksaw. Best to cut out the lead on the thread (where it starts) The bolt will jump the damaged portion allowing the threads to engage further down.

For stuck bolts, heat with a blow torch or similar and cool rapidly with penetrating oil. As it contracts the oil is pulled in. Repeat several times. Try striking the head of the bolt sharply with a hammer to help release the threads. Wire brush the head of the bolt. Apply one good go at moving it with constant steady pressure. If it moves, turn it back the other way and start again, moving a little more each time. If it doesn't move to start with, don't round the bolt off, apply more heat and cooling.

Got me out a few scrapes.

Is this stuff really helping people?

Chris
Hi Chris,

All good advice that many people may not know of, of have forgotten about.
Some times I have used more than 1 bolt with a "V" cut, in order to clean up some internal threads, keeps the "V" good and sharp.

If you have a good fitting "box spanner - (tube spanner)", this helps keep the nut or bolt vertical, avoiding cross threading.

Gra.

Back