Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My new toy

hamba

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Look what the postman dropped off today :banana-dance::banana-dance:
IMG_20171113_153537.jpg

Since I saw this on youtube I wanted one but they aren't manufactured anymore and pretty hard to come by. Unfortunately its not running at the moment, I didn't get the remote with it but that's OK, I'm only after the body.

Then the other day I went out and got me one of these little babies. My dad had something similar and they are great fun.
This one in particular goes just about every where I point it too and it will be a little sad breaking it up for spare parts.
IMG_20171113_153508.jpg
So, now the project starts. I'm going to convert this Axial SCX10 Deadbolt into a Prado 150 VX or as close as I can get it. Its going to be a slow process as I'm doing this on a small budget (no budget really).
The first things will be to shorten the wheelbase of the Deadbolt, at the moment it doesn't fit but there is a kit to shorten it. I will also have to get some narrower axles and some other wheels and tyres.

Here are a few extra photos before the mods start.
IMG_20171113_154051.jpg

IMG_20171113_154123.jpg

Can't wait till its done and I can get it out and about.

What sort of suspension lift are you going to give it? Mud plugger or overlander? RTT? Drawer system in the back? LED Light bar or spots? I can see a slippery slope forming here. :)

The idea is to try and make it as stock as possible so not much of a lift but we will have to wait and see what I can do/find. Tyres are going to be bfg a/t for now if they fit.
After all the mechanics has been sorted I will look at a roof rack to get some accessories on it. A drawer system is a no go, I can't get into the back, might have to get a trailer for it.

Back