Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New 32yo HJ60 in Tasmania AU

Si Walsh

Country Flag
australia
Looking forward to seeking much advice from all the LC experts here as I've just purchased my all time favourite 4x4. HJ60 2H five speed , high roof, side steps, alloy bar.
I've definitely left it late to get the old girl as the 32y have taken their toll. 520 000 Klm sees the engine in quite good condition with a only few leaks (water & oil) making things rather grubby. It runs smoothly and quietly (considering) and all the gears are smooth, easygoing swaps without any 5th gear concern. There's some rUst about the drivers door , rear guards, roof.
There is however a great deal to be done to bring her up to a standard which will keep me from wishing I hadn't lost my newly rebuilt 1998 Triton. For reasons of comfort and performance really. The Triton was really tricked up, much newer and had over $12k spent on it after purchase. This old girl cost less and will have nothing like that sort of budget.
Well here it goes I guess. Wish me
Luck
And feel free to start throwing ANY useful nuggets of information at me. My dad 1st cruiser though not my first 4x4. I'm pretty mechanical as I'm a Marine Engineer/electrical engineer by profession.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Do a search on here for "Oding" from the Pillipines, he's just coming to the end of a monster renovation of a 60, and beautiful job he's done on it.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Do a search on here for "Oding" from the Pillipines, he's just coming to the end of a monster renovation of a 60, and beautiful job he's done on it.
G'day Clive. What a job. I was checking out Oding's thread already. It's certainly got me inspired and what a wonderful resource for me. Every nut and bolt. Huge effort but what an outcome.

Back