Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New Member from Zimbabwe.

kakuli21

Country Flag
ireland
Hi I came across the site when attempting to determine why my LC 2000 100 Series was suddenly cutting out. The Spill valave connection co ing loose. I have rigged up a cable tie around irt as a temp until I can find a new one. However fixed one problem and another cropped up. The car has been sitting for almost 3 yaers , COVID, a large op for me so I stared it up today and drove about 30km into town. Suddently I see smoke? coming out of engine, Temp gauge high etc, Engine boiling, Does not appear to be any serious damage ( fingers crossed) Pull over and hear the steam coming out of rear heater pipes In probably one of the most inaccessible places. Left it cool , refilled with water and pottered home refilling with water as I went along.
So tomorrow at dawn will attempt temporary repair so as I can make it to town to purchase some rubber hose and clamps to bypass the rear heating system. Unfortunately its a long weekend so most places probably closed and am also stuck until my kids come back , which will be Weds.
Lucky in many ways as I has intended driving down to the Zambezi next week and would have been in a real pickle if it had gone when i was in the bush and miles from anywhere.

Hello Kakuli21
Good to have more members from Zim. It’s over 20 years since I was last there visiting my Father - too long!
A simple bypass hose to the rear heater pipes may be all you need to get by for now.
Keep us posted

Yep Did a temp Fix but no places open until tomor so will buy some hoses and hopefully do bypass .
Are u from Ireland? The Flag?

Hi Kaki,

I can recommend a good mechanic in Harare if you ever need one, he's great with cruisers.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back