Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New member – HZJ79 & Camper

Jalfa

Country Flag
uk
Hi folks,

New member, Joe here. Bought my first Land Cruiser during lockdown, imported from Andorra sight unseen. I've already done quite a few repairs and upgrades; new parabolic leafs in the rear, springs, shocks, wheels, rebuilt all wheel bearings, hubs, brakes all round. The underside has had any corrosion treated and protected with Dinitrol. Future plans are possible H150 gearbox and transfer conversion, retrofit a rear sway bar and try to improve the ol' 1HZ's performance at elevation. Also plenty of upgrades and minor repairs to the camper body.

Already found loads of useful info on this forum and looking forward to more!

DSC01709.jpg

Welcome and looks like a serious travelling machine!

wow, that’s beautiful. Uro box? love to see more pics.

Thanks for the welcome :blush: Nice to see some Troopies in the UK!

Gr8Yota, that's right, the box is by Uro-Camper. This was the first one they made on a Land Cruiser platform, back in 2013. I've made a few changes and minor repairs but on the whole it's proved to be a really durable construction. It's demountable too, but I want to change the supplied legs/jacks as there are more stable alternatives now.

I'll start a thread and post some more pics, I think I can only post one at a time right now. Would be good to document its progression.

DSC01637.jpg

A marvel of a little camper. Looks great, and great photos. That desert pic looks like the truck is at home. Could have been in Sinai.
I hope you get many years of good cruising.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A marvel of a little camper. Looks great, and great photos. That desert pic looks like the truck is at home. Could have been in Sinai.
I hope you get many years of good cruising.

Thanks uHu

Back