Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Bwillow56

Country Flag
australia
Hi to everyone, first time joining a forum. I do have a Landcruiser issue which I will ask if anyone has a idea about the problem, but some info about me first. I purchased a 105 series Landcruiser back about 14 years ago with 90k on the clock (which is now 259k) and a std version. No turbo, manual gbox and very limited electronics. I live in Albany Western Australia and love the place.
So now the problem with my Cruiser. It has an aftermarket turbo, fitted a couple of years after I bought it. Dual batteries, 1 year old and crank it over beautifully.
About 4 weeks ago I drove into town and the motor was up to temperature and parked up. I returned about 20 minutes later and when I cranked it over it would not fire or attempt to start.
I popped the bonnet and everything looked ok visually. I went to operate the hand prime pump and there was no resistance while I was pumping the plunger, I tried to start the engine at least a dozen times but no luck even though it was cranking over fast as normal. I tried pumping the primer pump quite a few times but it would only feel up to about half resistance of normal pressure.
I sat in the cab for a while trying to have some thoughts about the problem but no new ideas came. I thought well might sit for half an hour and let the engine cool down.
So then when I tried the hand primer pump I felt the fuel pressure pump up in about 5 seconds, tried to start and then it did. The same problem happened about a week later so I purchased a new primer pump and fitted it. So yesterday the same issue happened but it wouldn't start after half an hour so I got a lift home and went back 2 hours later.
Straight away the primer pump pumped up to full resistance and the engine started fine.
So here I am today scratching my head again and hoping a member has a answer for me.

Buller

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
I'm no expert but sounds like you're losing fuel pressure or the fuel pump is faulty, or both. I've have to get it checked out before I spent too much money on it :)