Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

new to the site and looking for grey leather seats and door trim electric fault as well

jim greening

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi

As I say I am new to the site but also new to Landcruiser ownership

I have come by a 1996 24 valve diesel vx It all looked a little sad and the immobiliser was stuck on,

However we got the old girl going giving it a temp feed to the fuel pump, put it in for MOT just to see how bad it was as it just needed a couple of rear brake pipes,
I had an auto electrician remove the immobiliser but it still has a load of lights on, on the dash
So I am looking for advice how to solve that

It also only has the two front seats, they are grey leather and the drivers seat is a bit ripped, it is also missing the drivers door card

so I am looking for a set of seats (possibly all seven) and the door card

any ideas where I might look

cheers jim

Welcome to the best LC forum out.
New 80 owner, they are popular on here!!.
If you are looking for "good condition" leather seats bear in mind the newest will be 20 years old with 20 year old foam and if by chance they are above average condition they will be out of an above average Cruiser so could be expensive. If its a keeper I'd get a quote to have them covered ( the fronts that is).
Where abouts are you, I've got a choice of the rearmost seats in grey leather for £30/pair.

Assuming the lights are not to do with the immobiliser fault its usually the alternator that shows up as faulty when the lights come up on the dash

If you are looking for "good condition" leather seats bear in mind the newest will be 20 years old with 20 year old foam and if by chance they are above average condition they will be out of an above average Cruiser so could be expensive. If its a keeper I'd get a quote to have them covered ( the fronts that is).
Where abouts are you, I've got a choice of the rearmost seats in grey leather for £30/pair.
I had wondered about having the drivers one fixed

we are in North Wiltshire, any chance of a photo of the seats?

cheers

As above with dash lights, the plug at the rear corrodes and is responsible for probably 80% of alternator woes.

And BTW, welcome.

Regards

Dave

Hi Andy, do you mean 3rd row seats n light grey leather?

If so what condition?
Best ,

Mussy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
As above with dash lights, the plug at the rear corrodes and is responsible for probably 80% of alternator woes.

And BTW, welcome.

Regards

Dave
Thanks

It is an old car we dragged out of the neighbour's bush and I thought it too good to weigh in,

how big is the comunity

Thanks

It is an old car we dragged out of the neighbour's bush and I thought it too good to weigh in,

how big is the comunity

Try hitting the user map option in your profile Jim, that should give you an idea.

It’s predominately the UK, but has a worldwide membership.

Welcome aboard!

And congrats for saving another mighty 80 from the melting pot :clap:

Big community with a wealth of knowledge.

Regards

Dave

Back