Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New v8 this weekend

Very nice - I'm sure you can't wait! Little kids and Christmas come to mind! :thumbup:

You'll have to post some pics once you collect. :cool:

My boss has one about that age, she bought it new for €85k way back then...

Sadly, it’s a grass/frog type green, but inside it’s still as-new all leather and it’s like a limo. The engine pulls like a train and it’s soooo smooooth not like my old bone shaker.

You’ll simply love it.

Hi all anything I need to look for or be aware of when I go to view test drive the v8 before I part with my hard earned cash ?

Hi it will not be your last landcruiser have fun with it .

Hi all anything I need to look for or be aware of when I go to view test drive the v8 before I part with my hard earned cash ?
My mate has just rebuilt a 200 series v8. It picked up the crank and did the block with it. He came to the conclusion that 2 of the 8 injectors were out of sync , overfueling in to the bores. The diesel then got into the oil thinning it and end result was a new bottom end sent in from oz. Not entirely sure how you could look out for this other than checking for any trace of diesel on the dipstick or a very feint rumble from bottom end. Since he did his we've heard of 2 or 3 other cases the same. Not trying to put you off because they are fabulous trucks. Just a heads up.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My mate has just rebuilt a 200 series v8. It picked up the crank and did the block with it. He came to the conclusion that 2 of the 8 injectors were out of sync , overfueling in to the bores. The diesel then got into the oil thinning it and end result was a new bottom end sent in from oz. Not entirely sure how you could look out for this other than checking for any trace of diesel on the dipstick or a very feint rumble from bottom end. Since he did his we've heard of 2 or 3 other cases the same. Not trying to put you off because they are fabulous trucks. Just a heads up.
Yep totally agree. Engines not as good as you'd like to think. Pre 2010 oil consumption problems. D4d injectors you can talk about until your blue in the face they are what they are. AHC issues are expensive to sort too. Recently had a 13 plate in with corroded ruptured pipes. Rotten solenoid valve body which in turn shorted the earth return ahc ecu out. Not impressed and neither was the owner who's had cruisers for years. It was expensive to sort in my eyes and at 44000 miles not exactly what you'd expect from a landcruiser. Put it like this if I had the money I wouldn't buy one nice a truck as they are on first glance. I'd buy a late late touch screen 07 100 series and keep the rest of the money for a chip exhaust and intercooler. It's a shame really and it's not the first troubles I've seen or heard about. Having said all that compared to a 13 plate range rover or discovery they are streets ahead.
Make of it what you want.

My 1995 80 has springs and dampers, no electronics, and an ashtray.

Just about all I need, and with 470k km on the clock, it’s never needed any engine work, except oil and filter changes. :thumbup:

Those days are long-gone with the newer vehicles.

Back