Newbie-ish.....

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Name: Toby
Truck: Early K-reg (UK Truck) Toyota Land Cruiser VX 4.2TD withjust under 98.000.
Mods: poly bushed, stainless side exit exhaust, 2"+ OME shocks, 2"+ Ironman Springs.
Plans: The truck is being build into a overlander.... going to galvanise the chassis etc... ongoing project.
4x4 Experience: Green lanes, quarry’s, 4x4 bus driver in Australia, Green lane trip guide.

truck.jpg


Hey all,

Well then what happened...????
Everyone seems to be here all over sudden....
Thanks Matt for the link... at least I found the place...
Looks nice here and I think I like it....
Although most of you know me here a introduction again....

I was Born in Holland from a Dutch mum and an Irish dad (yes it can be worse I am sure) After travelling the world for a while I ended up in the UK and I am still here nearly 5 years later.... I now also have a little off-road muppet in the making who will be 1 this April....
You guessed it.... I love off-roading.....

I used to do it for a job in Aussie... driving this:

DSC00340.jpg


I could not afford a LC when I got to the UK so settled for a few lovely Surfs.. I am sad to say tho I have killed 2 Hilux Surfs in a year.... May they rest in pieces in my shed... (not really my fault, engine blew on one and cambelt on the other) So after killing the second one I decided that this was a good excuse to get another LC.......
Ever since the last one went I have wanted another one....

So in July last year I picked up my LC.... low mileage... yes even lower than now...

Planned mods on short notice:
Snorkel and some nice 33"s
Galvanising of chassis, trailer arms etc...
Then much more as we go.......

I used to make vinyl cut stickers for a living but only do it as a hobby now...
http://photobucket.com/4x4-stickers

anyway that is about it....

Here a couple pics of the truck.....

Foto-0006.jpg


100_1272.jpg


1sbe72lqbgdggiext53m.jpg
 

Andrew Prince

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2010
Messages
2,232
Hello Toby and welcome on board!

Perhaps you've seen the excitement (debate?) on stickers in the Lounge section and you could give us some advice? :mrgreen:

Cheers,
 

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
5,980
Country Flag
great_britain
Welcome!
Some nice pics there.

You still make stickers then? Wish I had known that this morning. Just placed an order for some club stickers. Have some more though (graphic) which I plan on ordering. ;)


Cheers,
Crispin
 

TonyP

Super Moderator
Supporter
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,275
Country Flag
uk
Welcome Toby, nice pictures of you LC
 
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
Andrew Prince said:
Hello Toby and welcome on board!

Perhaps you've seen the excitement (debate?) on stickers in the Lounge section and you could give us some advice? :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Hey Andrew...

Thanks for the fast reply... and welcome...
I did see something but did not really read it.. lol
I will have a read after and advice if I can... :p

Crispin said:
Welcome!
Some nice pics there.

You still make stickers then? Wish I had known that this morning. Just placed an order for some club stickers. Have some more though (graphic) which I plan on ordering. ;)


Cheers,
Crispin

Hey mate,
Long time no speak... (on the other place that is..)
I have not had internet for a while lol so I missed everyone going here...
Thanks on the pic's...
I do have all the equipment still yes and do make the odd sticker for "friends"...
In my current situation I can't make stickers for money but I am sure we can sort something out...
anyway good to be here.... :mrgreen:

TonyP said:
Welcome Toby, nice pictures of you LC

Hey and thanks.....
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
24Seven said:
Hello Toby

Welcome to the new place.

Matt....!!!!!!
hehe nice to see you mate..
hope all is well there....

adrianr said:
Welcome Toby

Love the pics, especially the first one.

Thanks mate....
That picture was made last weekend when I took a group of Dutch people around Wales and the Peaks....
More to follow... lol
 

24Seven

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
599
TobyJug said:
24Seven said:
Hello Toby

Welcome to the new place.

Matt....!!!!!!
hehe nice to see you mate..
hope all is well there....

Very Well thank you, I see you have your baby now, last time I saw you the GF was pregnant.

I better not mention I'm off to Morocco in just over a couple of weeks, maybe next year :mrgreen:
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
24Seven said:
Very Well thank you, I see you have your baby now, last time I saw you the GF was pregnant.

I better not mention I'm off to Morocco in just over a couple of weeks, maybe next year :mrgreen:

Noooooooooo don't tell me.... :?
lol

Yes the little monster will be 1 in April... :shock: time flies...
Glad all is well your end....
 

24Seven

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
599
TobyJug said:
24Seven said:
Very Well thank you, I see you have your baby now, last time I saw you the GF was pregnant.

I better not mention I'm off to Morocco in just over a couple of weeks, maybe next year :mrgreen:

Noooooooooo don't tell me.... :?
lol

Yes the little monster will be 1 in April... :shock: time flies...
Glad all is well your end....

Time flies for sure, I really enjoyed those trips in Wales with the Andy's and Andrews

Respect for putting your family first, your time will come I had to wait bloody years :mrgreen:
 

TobyJug

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2010
Messages
379
Garage
24Seven said:
Time flies for sure, I really enjoyed those trips in Wales with the Andy's and Andrews

Respect for putting your family first, your time will come I had to wait bloody years :mrgreen:

yeh they where good weekends...
I have just had a weekend in Wales with some Dutch people... photo's to be added soon....

A well I'll be in the sahara before I know it.... :cool:

hope you have a good time there again I am jealous...
make sure you post plenty pictures....
 
Top