Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Newbie!!

Craig Yeoman

Hello everybody!
My name is Craig and I live in peterborough.
I have a 2004 LC5 (53 plate) with 81k on the dial and have enjoyed driving it for the last 3 1/2 years.
Using it at the moment as a "taxi" ferring lil'n back n forth from hospital. When not in "taxi" mode, used it a bit for work, carting stuff for the house and generally looking for curbs and obstructions to negotiate. Not too many of those around so go down play days and get all muddied up.(painful part is the clean up afterwards)

My 120 is a troopy wanna-be. I much prefer that squarer, machanical option rather than electronics (might be the old school way of thinking). But having driven the 120 in comfort, I would be hard pressed to change from what I think it is well capable vehicle. Which brings me onto what I would ultimately do on my wish list. Firstly I would like to drive to my birth place, Pietermaritzburg SA, and back. Hopefully drive the most notorious passes in the world....( I'll keep dreaming shall I lol)

I've not done many mods yet, although a winch bumper would be first on the list. I have changed the dunflops at the first chance to a set of general AT2's. I'm rather please with them.....they have got me out of a few sticky situations and they do look good.

Have some photos to post...as soon as I figure that out.......help?

Hi Craig - and a welcome from me (a newbie myself but welcome anyway!) :thumbup:

First things first... dreams are why we get up every day! Don't ever stop.. especially when there's an LC in the mix.

Secondly, you couldn't find a better place to be. The guys here are fantastic!
As for your choice of vehicle (120 vs '80 etc)... I'm sure the general response will be "depends what you want" (I'm learning chaps).

For me, I've gone with a 120 (LC4) because for the foreseeable future trips will be mostly on the hard flat stuff with a bit of fun on the slippy bumpy stuff just for fun when I can... and mostly I won't be in the middle of nowhere so I don't need as much space for "stuff".

I'm sure that by the time I come round to the more "challenging" adventures I will have swapped to an '80, heavily attended to by some "in-the-know" folk... but for now it's all about the easy comfort.

As far as photos are concerned, the best bet is to create yourself an account with PhotoBucket (it's free), then post the link using the '
' tags.

If you get stuck just shout.

Ja welcome - sleepy hollow bothie then. That's a couple of you sharks wannabe's here now :lol:

Just kidding - hope you have fun!

Crispin said:
Another saffa! Yippy. Soon we'll take over the UK.
Welcome
Oh no! not another one, go away we're
close-0025.gif

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Criag Yeoman said:
Cheers for the warm welcome.
Welcome from me too Criag :thumbup: , I was only joking, but us natives are quickly being outnumbered :violin:

no worries, I've been following the site for some time now and from what I've read and seen there is a great sense of humour here. I'm glad I've finally got my A into G and registered.

Welcom Craig,

Crazy lot here, as you will have found out.
Thats mostly because of Johnny (ZA) Foreigner, just too many,,,,,,,,,,,, only joking.
You will probably feel more at home here than most, as you probably guessed, there is a strong SA contingent.
The 120, is by far more than capable for any trip to RSA. Plus you have the economy, which the 80 series will never have.

So the wish list grows eh?
1/ Winch bumper
2/ Snorkel
3/ Iron Man 50mm
4/ Diff breathers
5/ Inverter
6/ Toof tent
7/ BFG A/T

What a club you have just joined, we will do our best to empty your wallet faster than you can imagine.

ya, dy ya, dy ya,

And there you have it boet, the start of the slippy slope.........

Graham

Hi Graham,

Don't remind me of the wish list....I want all those things to. Another thing to add to the wish list is rock sliders and bash plates.

Helping me empty my pockets..... lol. O dear what have I got myself into, I think I've made a mistake!! Anybody want a wife and 3 boys. The misses comes with 12 years on the clock and the kids are good for pushing!!! Buttons that is!

:lol:

Not - "I've made a mistake - anyone want a Land Cruiser" - but - "anyone wan't the wife and kids" :lol: :lol:

:thumbup: Priorities firmly in order there!

12 :shock:

Back