Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

NFU Mutual

knctaylor

Hi Everyone

Just insured my newly acquired 4.5VX petrol with NFU. What a pleasure it was to deal with them. You probably already know all of this anyway but can't speak highly enough of them. They seem to be relaxed about almost all basic modifications too.

Insurance for the year will be £532 with their top of the range breakdown cover included. It is also worth noting that they don't charge an admin fee for changes nor do they have an early cancellation fee. Also, when compared with Direct Line, you feel like you are dealing with an educated person who has a clue what they are doing rather than someone following a script on a computer. It is also worth noting that it includes European driving as standard for up to 6 months in the year.

BTW, Direct Line were quoting £600 and that didn't include breakdown cover nor did they have the first idea about modifications and how much they might cost as extra insurance. The best line from the Direct Line person was, "we'll tell you how much LPG conversion will add to your insurance policy only after you have had it done".

I kid you not.

Hopefully this post has been helpful to someone or maybe it is just me that is clueless on insurance companies.
Cheers
Keith
PS Thanks to all of your who have recommended NFU on this forum.

They really are a pleasure to deal with aren't they.

One of the very few insurance companies who include Morocco in their cover :thumbup:

Their European breakdown cover is cheaper than the AA too.

I've got class 1 business with them
£750 :sick:
Sounds a lot but not compared to some of the quotes i was (or wasn't) getting
Oh, AND they gave me max no claims despite not being a policy holder for nigh on 20 years.
Took my word for it that i hadn't claimed in that time :o

Best give them a call then and see if I'm still blacklisted for driving to Mongolia as my insurance is due.

Yes,

NFU are as good as their word.

I would definatly use them as the first choice in insurance.

I used them for a good few years.

Gra.

£2000+ for fully comp :thumbdown: Even Adrian flux are quoting sub £700 :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Rob said:
£2000+ for fully comp :thumbdown: Even Adrian flux are quoting sub £700 :think:
:o How much..... are you a spotty 19 year old scouse chav by any chance :think:

No, im over 25. Dunno how everyone is getting decent quotes from them :?

Rob said:
No, im over 25. Dunno how everyone is getting decent quotes from them :?
Does that mean you're under 26?.... if so then that might be your answer ;)

I'm over 25 too.... but I'm 50 in a few days time, apparently we're sensible at this age :whistle:

Whilst I agree that NFU staff seemed very knowledgeable and friendly, the best they could do for me was just over £1000 for my VZJ95 (see sig for mods etc).

I'm sure their CS and backup is very good but I just couldn't justify it when Chris Knott would insure for me for less than £500. :thumbup:

Back