Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

NL > South Africa TLC advice

A little disconcerting! :) From what I can gather, the stock shocks aren't so good so if there's a lot of weight on the back end and the shocks fail, the chassis can't take the sudden load transfer since the axle sits further forward than most. Either this guy's cleaned the shocks or they're new ones, let's hope they're new! Thanks for the direction @SimonD, Australian outback is a good testing ground for what I'll be using it for and puts my mind at ease.

An import would have been salt free for part of its life. By the look of that it’s had acfair few years over here but as he says looks solid enough. I’m not too keen on some of the electrics but then I am particular in that direction as it’s my bag. That said, there’s nothing I can see that would make me dismiss it. It’s had some money spent on it that’s for sure. Mitsubishi’s are good vehicles. One of the local electricians that works in farms had one for many years and used it off road a lot and was very pleased with it.

I’d Krown (rust treat) it underneath, add a few fuses here and there, tidy some wiring and familiarise yourself with it and call it done. General service items excluded of course.

Seems a genuine seller too as he’s given you the pics you asked for.

I could be wrong but I think that guy is part of the UK Overlanders group that turn up to Stratford every year. In any case that looks like massive bang for your bucks.

If your'e going to consider a Colorado and want one with a perfect underside and don't mind it being a petrol then mines available, not actively for sale but is surplus to requirements so I would let it go. 78K miles only and would give you reliability and comfort.
Condition wise its better than any of the 120's i looked at ( and the one I bought).
Just chucking it into the mix.
View attachment 150719 View attachment 150720

You could do a lot worse and its well within your budget.
Hey mate, in a couple of weeks I'll be heading to Bristol to view the Mits L200 that @Dervis Garip put me on to, I figured if things don't work out perhaps I could take a look at your Land Cruiser? What price were you thinking of letting it go for? Cheers

Back