Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

No dashboard lights

Si LJ70

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi.
I don't have any dashboard lights working. Never had. And the alternator won't charge. The previous owner connected a manual glow plug switch. Must have bypassed the pre heat timer. Looks like the heater timer controls much more than just the glow plugs. The alternator won't charge either although it's been checked and works ok. And all of these things are related to the preheat timer. I have checked the timer and there is voltage going to it. My question is... Is there any common reason for the pre-heater timer not to work and then cause all the other issues?

I wish I knew more about the electrical in my 1988 LJ-73. Your thread did help me though as I had a random after market button on my dash that I was stumped about. Turns out it’s a manual glow plug button.
Unfortunately, the entire electrical system on my cruiser is a mess and should be completely re-done.
I wish I could help you more.

I have bookmarked that thread. @Tommo1 has some great stuff for sure. I love his write ups with the pictures. He should start a YouTube channel!

Back