Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

no lockers

“I don't believe Toyota ever intended for the center to lock in high range as there is no 80 model from the factory that allows this function. And to do so requires a full understanding of what is going on mechanically or one risks damage to the drive line, person, or both.”

Wel someone at the factory made the same mistake on both of the 92 VZ cruisers in my shed. Both have the Center Diff Lock switch from factory.
No pin 7 mod yet but soon.

With the factory front and rear lockers, the selector rotary switch engages the rear Diff lock first and won’t allow the front to become locked until the rear is confirmed locked by its switches. Neither are allowed until the centre Diff is fully locked.
Not so. Even if the rear diff does not confirm locked (dodgy limit switch or wires ripped off switch) the front diff will lock.

... Both have the Center Diff Lock switch from factory.
I'm referring to the function of the button, OEM vs OEMplus (modified). lol
Not so. Even if the rear diff does not confirm locked (dodgy limit switch or wires ripped off switch) the front diff will lock.
And this sounds "custom". The front shouldn't lock w/o the rear first, in OE trim anyway. The front wasn't designed to take much of the drive line stress alone.
That said tho, with all of these rigs being 25 years or older with multiple POs usually, it's becoming hard to tell what is factory behavior and what has been massaged. Especially if it's a quality massage. lol

Back