Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

No LPG in Carpaks

frank rabbets

Guru
During my visit to Prague I noticed that the underground carparks ban LPG. Is it the same in the UK?

Frank

Not that I know of...though I haven't been in an underground carpark in ages due to the height restrictions (my truck is ~2.0m tall).

A few years ago, they used to have restrictions on LPG vehicles on the Channel Tunnel but these have been dropped in the last few years. So as LPG becomes more common, perhaps the rules are becoming more relaxed?

Not that I know of...though I haven't been in an underground carpark in ages due to the height restrictions (my truck is ~2.0m tall).

A few years ago, they used to have restrictions on LPG vehicles on the Channel Tunnel but these have been dropped in the last few years. So as LPG becomes more common, perhaps the rules are becoming more relaxed?

a group of friends recently did the 'Motorscape banger rally - 10 countries in 10 days'.....they had a lexus 400 with LPG. They had to take the ferry as they didn't allow LPG on the eurotunnel.

LPG def banned on eurotunnel.

I reckon the issue with underground car parks is that the lpg is heavier than air, so will swill around at the lowest point? It must be something to do with combustability.

Pete

LPG def banned on eurotunnel.
Pete

That is certainly what I thought, as in the past I wasn't able to book a crossing on the Chunnel.

However this Summer when I tried, it quoted a price and would presumably have allowed me to book, even though I had ticked the "LPG" box. Ended up booking the ferry because it was (much) cheaper for the time we wanted anyway.

EDIT : Just checked the Euro Tunnel FAQs and they definitely DO NOT allow LPG vehicles. So perhaps it may have been my mistake when booking......A senior moment perhaps! :shhh:

Last edited:
Chadr..............more likely their stupid moment or they just wanted your money and turned a blind eye.

LPG leak would build up gas in a confined space and then a large bang.

Frank

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back