Yesterday I finally got round to replacing my rear UJ. With the rear wheels in the air and the car in neutral I couldn't feel any play in the UJ at all. There is some play in the diff i.e. if I turn the propshaft there is some play before the wheels turn - I'm not sure if this is a problem or not? Anyway, the UJ had no play at all. As I had the new part I decided to change it anyway. Getting it off was easy as, but then I pulled something in my forearm trying to whack the spider caps loose with my new 1 ton copper hammer - to those that need a copper hammer, size 4 might be a bit too big. After another few tries I couldn't hold the hammer any more. Bugger! This is the truck that is taking me to work on Monday morning. I'm rather embarrassed to admit that I had to ask my pregnant wife to do the rest of the hammering There was a lot of "Hit it harder honey. A bit harder. Harder! HARDER! You're doing a lovely job." I'm quite proud of her actually. After getting it all apart it only took a couple of minutes to put the new spider and caps back in again. Once it was all back together I noticed that by some miracle I had put it all together in the correct alignment without remembering to check first 5 minutes later the truck was ready to role. apart from getting the old spider out, it is actually a very easy job. And the result is that the vibration at 60-70mph is pretty much gone now, and the truck just feels smoother at all speeds. I am very pleased I decided to change it.