Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

north Wales 9th October laning

Ben

Guru
Country Flag
australia
just got back from an excellent days laning in north Wales. :dance:

i didnt take my 70 as i want the new engine fitted before i take it out again, and id been told some of the lanes are very tight.
so i jumped in with one of the other lads in his suzuki. :D

one lane in particular is very tight, rocky, steep and challenging. definitely want to go back there in my cruiser. its next to a little village called Henryd, and thats what the lads call the lane. :twisted:

last time they drove it they did a lot of damage to there trucks, as its quite an extreme lane, but i managed to persuade them to show it me. which resulted in one of the trucks blowing a CV and then having to be winched up the lane. :?

pics and vids to follow soon. :thumbup:

that route looks like its got some cracking lanes on it

Poor old Dave, I can't believe that you talked him into going there again! It cost him dear the last time from what I can remember. Interesting what he's saying about the Zuk/Ford hybrid shafts, I've not heard of that combo before it was always Zuk/Mitsi hybrid shafts that others spoke of in the past, MattC before he went live axle and his m8 with the green JXTD (can't remember his name for the life of me). Maybe it's time Dave looked into developing a live axle conversion kit for the Vit :D :thumbup: Looks like you had alot of fun though :mrgreen:

Nice one again Ben - I'll ask my usual question at this stage... Would Muxley get through all of that!!! :ugeek:

Steven, i had to get them to take me to Henry-D. i couldnt go all the way to north Wales and not see the lane that did so much damage last time they drove it. :twisted:

last time Brett drove it, he smashed both side windows, destroyed a wing mirror, badly scratched and gouged his snorkel, and smashed all his rear quarter panel in.
Dave did similar damage but also smashed his windscreen. :shock:

the front shafts are definitely the vits major flaw, after replacing the front diff casing with a steel one. if only suzuki had of fitted a live front axle. :thumbdown:

Gav, muxley probably would have got through all the lanes, but Henryd might have been a bit too narrow. only one way to find out. :lol:

im planning on a trip up that way at some point, probably in the new year now. will give you, Jim and Mike a shout, as i know its fairly local to you guys, and we can have a days laning and try and conquer Henry-D in cruisers. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ben said:
Steven, i had to get them to take me to Henry-D. i couldnt go all the way to north Wales and not see the lane that did so much damage last time they drove it.
You're a twisted man Ben :twisted: But I like the cut of your jib :D :lol: :thumbup: ;)

Give me a shout when you go and I'll join you so you can teach me a few lessons!!! Used to live in Henryd a few years ago, and its only 30 mins away from me now. nice pics anda good read! :thumbup: :clap:
Ceirion

Back