Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

North Wales to The Gamiba. In Ambulances and Fire Engines!

Animal Mother

Country Flag
wales
It didn't really fit in the Travel forum as this is more of an unashamed begging and awareness post rather than a Land Cruiser related Travel post.

As part of a charity mission in March 2022 I'll be driving a Fire Engine (or Fire Appliance for the more pedantic of you) from North Wales to The Gambia (approx 4000 miles), crossing at Algeciras, with 30-40 Ambulances, and travelling along NW Africa to The Gambia where we'll be handing over the vehicles, medical equipment, inflatable boats, firefighting & decontamination kit, and inshore/coastal water rescue equipment. On arrival we'll be handing over the kit to the appropriate fire and medical chiefs and departments, and providing some training to the Emergency Services down there as they are, to put it politely, on their arses.

This is for the National Police Aid Convoy charity, supported by the International Police Association. The mission is call Operation ZEPHYR.

I'm still looking for help and support for the following:
  • Money donations (we need to find £2500 per person to cover fuel, crossings, border fees, vehicles, accomodation in The Gambia, and return flights. I've been doing 5k Park Runs every week with friends and colleagues in full firefighter kit in order to raise the money, but there's still some way to go.
  • Ambulances and Fire Appliances
  • Medical Kit
  • Travel equipment (for the volunteers)

Any donations are gratefully received and any corporate sponshorship of vehicles, money, equipment, etc. will obviously be recognised my the charity and we are happy for you to promote your businesses.

Some info: OP ZEPHYR - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

A nice video from The Gambia:

My Just Giving if you feel generous: Darren's Operation ZEPHYR - Ambulances to Africa 2022 - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

Hopefully somene here can help or might know someone. Please reply to this thread or send me a message.

Back