Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oil Catch Tank

fridayman

Garage
When I fitted the Econokit, I had to disconnect the breather from the air inlet - it connected just before the turbo, where we fitted the diffuser. Today I decided that I've had enough of the temp breather setup messing oil onto the engine, so I fitted the oil catch tank that I've had sitting in the garage for a few weeks.

The tank came with 3 different size fittings, but they all pointed straight up and the tank sits quite high in the engine bay on top of the left wheel arch. So I ordered some elbow fittings on ebay - one 6mm pushfit to connect to the breather manifold, and a 12mm 1/8th bsp elbow that connects to the cam cover. You can also see the temp filtered breather on the right.

IMG_0471.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

Hopefully I have some time tomorrow to finish the breather manifold bracket, so that I can plumb in the breathers too.
2 tools that made this job a pleasure to do, was my Ruko step drill and my Memfast rivnut kit. Both weren't cheap, and both were worth every penny. They made fitting the bracket easy as.

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

Today I finished the breather manifold bracket and mounted the manifold.

Manifold:

IMG_0476.jpg

Bracket:

IMG_0479.jpg

I use an existing hole to mount the bracket on the firewall, but replaced the bolt with a hex head that could fit through the hole drilled in the front of the bracket.

IMG_0480.jpg

All done.

IMG_0481.jpg

And oil catch tank if the first to be plumbed into the manifold (axle Y box breathers to follow).

IMG_0482.jpg

Back