Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oil Catcher

Isn't that for vehicles without an EGR / crank recirculation system? Being dof here ..

Guessing to catch oil vapour from the breathing bits instead of introducing it back into the air intake.

Benefits?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I've never seen it used on a diesel, but for petrol you uses it to prevent the oil fumes from being led into the intake, as it lowers the octane number.

EGR has nothing to do with the crank ventilation. EGR is a system where you recycles some of the exhaust air. This should give a cleaner exhaust. The problem though is, that it's also leading a lot of soot into the intake. Therefore it is popular to close the inlet to the EGR to prevent this. I have only done it on VW TDI's, but here it is helping a lot. Sometimes you might wonder if you have taken off, the inlet or outlet manifold, due to soot.

The crank breather goes into the pipe down to the turbo (is on 80s, can't remember on 100s) - as the engine wears the air flow get's oilier with oil collecting in places like the intercooler reducing it's efficiency.

The catch can will catch the oil and keep the innards clean.

£25 on ebay all day long, though you'll only need one if you have an oil breathing engine (getting a bit worn) So if you have a smoker this might fix it.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back