Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Oil pressure sending unit (wire)

David Hayne

My first question was posted in the 60 series , now I am on the right track....

BJ42 , I noticed on the oil pressure sending unit there is a two wire connected to the clip on the sending unit, HOWEVER one of these wires are not connected ( broken off ) . The gauge does show oil pressure, would this broken wire affect anything else.

I guess I really need to know is one wire postive and the other negative or are they both positive and having the Sending unit negative grounded to engine ?

thanks for your time

David

the wire goes to the nib, not the spade connection. there should only be one wire to the sending unit.
the spade is redundant.
cheers from Ontario

I guess it would or could make since that the extra ( broken off ) wire goes to a warning light. What we do know is that the oil pressure gauge works ...

I am a proud Canadian "ah", where is South Devon ?

thanks for your support, I will bring you up to date what I find out....

David

David Hayne said:
I am a proud Canadian "ah", where is South Devon ?
David

Welcome ..... would sell my soul to live in Canada

South devon is a little county in the stupid little island called Great Britain

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello Red Oktober and hubby wife..my partner was born in England and moved to Canada at a young age. I spoke with her today and she is aware of your South Devon area, it has been awhile since she has been back to visit her family.

I am very contentant living in my Country Harbour, community of Nova Scotia, I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

anyway take care,

David

Red Oktober said:
[quote="David Hayne":3r7b2y7s]I am a proud Canadian "ah", where is South Devon ?
David
South devon is a little county in the stupid little island called Great Britain[/quote:3r7b2y7s]

I concur Mr & Mrs RO hope all's well, it's a beautiful part of SW England just full of dickheads now like the rest of the country :violin:

David Hayne said:
My first question was posted in the 60 series , now I am on the right track....

BJ42 , I noticed on the oil pressure sending unit there is a two wire connected to the clip on the sending unit, HOWEVER one of these wires are not connected ( broken off ) . The gauge does show oil pressure, would this broken wire affect anything else.

I guess I really need to know is one wire postive and the other negative or are they both positive and having the Sending unit negative grounded to engine ?

thanks for your time

David

Dave ,for some reason the extra spade is an earth .The sender has been used in many landcrusers and Toyota cars
Some landcruisers/car models have it connected,most dont.
The ones I know that are connected are the older FJ40 in the US
The sender is grounded to the engine ,so they dont really need the extra wire connected.
There are also senders that dont have the extra spade.

Back