Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Old Man Emu for my 120

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
Country Flag
great_britain
Well, the deed is done, I've put in an order with Greg from Land Cruisers Overland for my some Sport Nitro shocks and springs on the 120.
It only gives a 25mm(min IIRC) in the front and 40mm at the rear. :|

Should be here in a few weeks

Nice one

In time for the Plain?

not sure when it will arrive. As for the plain, I might not be here for that. Work calls :(

nice! :dance: Did you get your 10% TLOCUK discount? :mrgreen:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice one! Now all you need is the winch bumper, winch, rear locker, front locker, rear bumper.......... so many toys, so little time :twisted:

Kevin - I think I'll speak to Greg about that :evil: Thanks ;)

Time is not the problem Tony - It's the finance minster. :roll:
All those toys are on the list except the lockers. I still want to see someone with lockers (in a 120 or 90) go somewhere that ATRAC cannot. (Within reason, I am not talkign about 7 miles of mud plugging :thumbdown: )

Good stuff - meant to ask what spring rate you were putting on the front and back?

Cheers

after a long chat with Greg (top man!) we decided on the mild. The next up would be +100-400. It was suggested that would make the car a bit hard as a daily drive. If for the Morocco trip and others it proves too soft after being loaded up, I can swap out the springs for a harder rating. Seeing is I use it 99% daily drive and the rest is loaded overland (yet to come...) this is not a huge deal for me.

Stay with those springs and go with air helpers fir when you're loaded up - quite a nice flexible solution

a good point - they just fit into the springs don't they?

Yep but will need an on-board compressor and some other bits ... Firestone have derails I think

Gary Stockton said:
Yep but will need an on-board compressor and some other bits ... Firestone have derails I think
You don't have to have a fancy setup, just some way of pumping air into them and only when you need to adjust them, could be a foot pump :thumbup: So far so good with mine, would be better if they had car tyre valves instead of bike tyre valves but I expect you could do something about that if you were bothered enough ...

Crispin said:
hmmm, price? :drool:
I got mine off Julian along with some other stuff so I don't know but I think it was < £200, maybe :) Lots of places doing them and you *can* get gauges and a setup where you just flick a switch to pump them up but it's all a bit OTT IMO. Like most people I think, I just have two pipe just visible behind a panel so I can grab them and pump air in or let it out and use my compressor gauge but it's a bit of a fiddle with the bike tyre valves. Must be an adapter or alternative you can use as everyone must be having the same minor problem.

£95 at matt savage. Might be on my shopping list ..

Presumably they the type of thing you pump up once, carry on with your trip and then deflate again when you get back home and are on tar. You don't have to fiddle and tweak them on Tuesdays etc?

Crispin said:
Presumably they the type of thing you pump up once, carry on with your trip and then deflate again when you get back home and are on tar. You don't have to fiddle and tweak them on Tuesdays etc?
Yep, works for me :thumbup: at that price buy a spare bag just in case? I would / will / might :)

Back