Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

On board air compressor

Michael A S

I am looking at an air compressor to go under the bonnet of my 80 for tyre inflation and also to blow through lines and clean air filters etc on the move.
The only name I know is Viair . Any ideas of good makes and how many cu ft per min or litres per min should i look for ?

Viair seem to have this nailed, but you might want to consider an on-board air system if the purse will stretch that far. You then have a choice of size of tank (typically 2.5 gallons) which will store at 150psi and give you a much better blow-through. I'm currently shortening by exhaust to exit just behind the front wheel, which leaves a lovely space under the truck where the rear exhaust box was....

Check out ARBs CKMTA12 which I have and will mount in the engine bay as soon as I have removed the AHC and made some space. Its not cheap but is 2 compressors in one and if one fails the other will carry on. It also has a simple plug and play kit if you want to add lockers down the line.

I must say, I would prefer the £80 T-Max.
It's not exactly going to get huge amounts of use, so I can't feel happy to spend £150 plus.
The T-Max, also gets some good thumbs up on this forum.

Some thing like a discharged 5kg co2 fire extinguisher ?

Gra.

Gra.

Thanks guys for these quick responses. The advice seems very sound and I have now been through the 2010 thread as well. With so many other things asking for money to prep this truck, it looks like £80 for the TMax would be well spent, for what i hope would be occasional use on trips so thanks again to all.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ive got the T Max which i bought on recomendation from members on here it has been perfect so far and would recomend it now myself.

Ive got the T Max which i bought on recomendation from members on here it has been perfect so far and would recomend it now myself.
I've had a T-Max for 18 months on my 120. Didn't free spool properly from the start, and now won't even spool out under power. I would take it back, but the guy who supplied/fitted it has closed his business, so I'm stuffed.

A fee spool on a compressor, that's a new one Andrew :lol:

I've had a T-Max for 18 months on my 120. Didn't free spool properly from the start, and now won't even spool out under power. I would take it back, but the guy who supplied/fitted it has closed his business, so I'm stuffed.

I think you need to read the thread

Is that the winch Andrew?

Gra.

Back