1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Osram Nightbreaker

Crispin Feb 26, 2010

1. Crispin

Crispin Administrator Staff Member Guru I am in great_britain

Map
    Folks,

Anyone here use them? I bought some in December and had one fuse on me on Monday night. The second just fused on me this morning.

A colleague has used them in various cars and had well over a year out of them. Could I have just been unlucky or is the LC harsh on bulbs?

I contacted the seller on Tuesday and they said they do not last as long as "normal" ones, this seems a bit short. They are happy to exchange it. I now have to tell them the otherone is fused as well...

2. Jon Wildsmith

Jon Wildsmith Super Moderator Supporter Guru I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    Are those a higher wattage / higher output than standard bulb? I thought they were all short life / fragile and I should think a cruiser is harder on them than an ordinary car. If you can get HIR's I would use those, good light output and good life expectancy. Are 120's a H or HB fitting?

3. Crispin

Crispin Administrator Staff Member Guru I am in great_britain

Map
    They are still the 55/60W standard H4s. They do burn hotter (so I am told) which is why they are brighter (again, I am told...) They are much better than the stocks but if they only last two/three months....

The other chap has always had them on his Golfs which are all lowered and very hard suspension. I would have thought they would have had a tougher life in there...
    I'll try one more pair (for free ;) ) then try something else.

4. KZJ90

KZJ90 Member

Map
    I used them almost a year after the other darkened. But I have used daytime-running lights at daytime. Now I have used Hella Xenon Blue 80/100W bulbs. There was marked 80/100W in the package and everywhere else too, but there is stamped 90/100W on the bulb flange... :? Those are very much as good as Nightbreakers, the colour is a little more white, but the light power is very much the same. And because somebody says it´s because of the wires, it´s not. I have replaced those original very thin ones to 2.5 mm2 wires and which are controlled by relays.

I have Bosch Navigator Blue -extra headlights too (with 100W bulbs):
    [​IMG]

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter