Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Ouch!

silvercruiser

Hello Everyone just thought id let you know that my l/c is now a slightly different shape on the front end!

My wife was driving it and a jag pulled out on her and she couldnt stop in time. the Jag obviously came off worse but my A bar is non existent, needs new bumper, new headlight, Foglight and the Abar pushed into the bonnet so it has a ding on the front part of the bonnet.

the excess is £400 so do i repair myself and get a winch bumper :D or put through insurance?

Joe

Damm, sorry to hear about that. It depends on on the Jag driver and if he agrees it's his fault or not, and if he wants to do it outside of insurance. Tricky situation...

Of course this could be the excuse you need to get a new winch bumper :twisted:

It Doesnt look that bad with this pic but all the plastic bits have broken behind like the light grill etc

benttoyota.jpg

TonyP said:
Damm, sorry to hear about that. It depends on on the Jag driver and if he agrees it's his fault or not, and if he wants to do it outside of insurance. Tricky situation...

Of course this could be the excuse you need to get a new winch bumper :twisted:

Hello well it has been classed as my wifes fault?
He pulled out of a layby parking spot in front of my wife taking her stopping distance away and then proceded to make a sharp left into a side road without indicating and then thats when the colision happened so as she hit the rear corner it has been declared her fault.

Joe

Sorry to read this, Joe. Pity you didn't already have the winch bar - you would have had next to no damage and the Jag would be in serious trouble!

Frustrating about them "deciding" that your wife is at fault. Had a similar experience where a minicab entered a roundabout at the same time as my wife and didn't yield, she assumed he would so looked right and carried on... and collected him from the side. Insurance decided that somehow it was her fault, despite the other car breaking the rules of the road :roll:
Seems like your wife had a similar situation where, as you describe it, the other car caused the accident but because your wife hit him, it's simply her fault :twisted: Maybe the rules & blame works differently in the UK but in South Africa, the person causing the accident is at fault, irrespective of whom hits who. :?:

Best of luck with this and see of you can fight the insurers with their judgement!

Cheers,

To be honest the insurance cmpanies will always blame the person who runs into the back of the other car, regardless. Happend to myself and my wife (both times it was caused by the person in front of the cars we ran into), and in the end we claimed it via the insurance as to cover the cost of both cars far exceeded the excess. Now it depends on you insurance history, but as we both had not made any claims in the last 10 years, we decided to take the hit, and fortunately it did not add anything extra to the premiums come renwall time.

Goos luck and I hope it works out for you.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the replies
this is the first claim weve had in years and got protected no claims so doesnt really matter.

somebody posted a link on here about a winch bumper on ebay and it doesnt work out to expensive at £230 then i could source the headlight second hand and still be under the excess. :D

Joe

Sorry to here about the accident, and hopefully it will get sorted quickly and painlessly!

silvercruiser said:
And keep it down ive told her that the only bumper out there is the winch bumper
Damn right Joe - good work ;-)

Back