Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Outside temperature gauge.

smiffysmc

Garage
With winter just round the corner, I'm looking for an outside temperature gauge. Something with a nice digital display.
Seen some on e bay, for a whole £8.99. But are they any good.

http://bit.ly/NbwN17

Or anyone fitted something else?

Cheers.

Not a lot of money, but lots of things to go wrong with it. My preference would be for a simply OAT device that didn't try to do much else. If you come across one, please post as I'm also interested.... :thumbup:

Might just buy it for all it is. But a simple 1 trick pony as you say might be better.

I need to beat the -15 I was in last year going through Glen Orchy. Plus I drive a gritter/plough, so it's always good to know what the outside conditions are like en route to the yard.

I'll have a wee look about and see what I can find.

Yes, but if only it was digital.... Looks spot on, but not sure where I would mount it in an 80 (and still be able to see it!)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Andrew Brierley said:
Yes, but if only it was digital.... Looks spot on, but not sure where I would mount it in an 80 (and still be able to see it!)

I've already got an aux temp gauge for engine in a pod mounted down by the high low selector on my 80. It's analogue style as well.
I'm sure moulded pods that fit onto windscreen pillar are available. Hmmm

But yes digital would be nice.

Andrew Brierley said:

Analogue is likely to be more vibration proof.

Roger

i bought this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SA:GB:3160 mounted on the steering column cover in front of the dash :thumbup: picture doesn't show that from head height the dash dials are perfectly visible, clock inside/outside temp and on the left battery voltage, this pic was taken without engine running, when on it reads 13.7.

Attachments

• DSCN0660.JPG
    DSCN0660.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 305
Back